Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #11  
jsboening said:
I used the JD speaker and radio mount kit (about $50 with tractor). It came with all hardware two 4x6 speakers and a nice bezel for around the radio. The head liner already has louvers cut into them in the front corners and the hole for the radio is pre punched. You just have to finish cutting it with a utility knife. I'll post pics if anyone is interested.

Please do post pics!:)

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help
Here's a pic of mine...

Attachments

• 3520-4.jpg
    3520-4.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,100
   / Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #14  
Like I said, hidden speakers. Like putting a muffler over them. Looks good, doesn't sound good. High end is lost.

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #15  
When you take the head liner out you can see the louvers cut out of the back for the speakers. Mine sounds pretty good as well, I think the biggest handicap is having only two speakers. But hey these are tractors not caddies.

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #16  
Here are a few pics of my install. I few works of advice. When you take the top off of the cab it's way easier with a helper. As you can see there is a lot of stuff that can get damaged. On my tractor there were about 4-5 spots around the perimeter of the top were the seal was torn or had a gap. I took the self adhesive foam that covered the radio opening in the lower top and used it to patch the seal. Don't no if it's a big deal or not, just thought I do it while it was apart. Not a hard job but it did take me about 4 hrs.

Attachments

• DSCN3746.jpg
    DSCN3746.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 1,018
  • DSCN3751.jpg
    DSCN3751.jpg
    654.7 KB · Views: 670
  • DSCN3725.jpg
    DSCN3725.jpg
    930.2 KB · Views: 675
  • DSCN3759.jpg
    DSCN3759.jpg
    814.9 KB · Views: 831
  • DSCN3763.jpg
    DSCN3763.jpg
    864.5 KB · Views: 570
  • DSCN3753.jpg
    DSCN3753.jpg
    797 KB · Views: 1,286
   / Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #17  
jsboening said:
Here are a few pics of my install. I few works of advice. When you take the top off of the cab it's way easier with a helper. As you can see there is a lot of stuff that can get damaged. On my tractor there were about 4-5 spots around the perimeter of the top were the seal was torn or had a gap. I took the self adhesive foam that covered the radio opening in the lower top and used it to patch the seal. Don't no if it's a big deal or not, just thought I do it while it was apart. Not a hard job but it did take me about 4 hrs.

Gaps in the seal is not a good thing, if you notice heating or cooling problems you will need to pull the roof and replace the complete seal. My tractor produced poor cab heat until the problem was tracked down to gaps ( from the factory) in the seal. When they fixed mine I was told by the dealer that JD changed the material in the seal so it was tougher and would not tear again but it looked and compressed between my fingers just like the old seal. :rolleyes:

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #18  
Yes, make sure you have the roof cab sealed well. A member or two have had AC/Heat problems and it was traced to a leaking roof seal. In order for the AC/Heat to work properly the cab roof has to be sealed completely.

Sincerely, Dirt

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #19  
i am gonna have them check that out befoe i receive it. I also want to verify for myself when it gets delivered to.

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #20  
Here are a few pics of the tears in the seal. To me it seems like whoever put the seal on was stretching it to tight. Then when the top was bolted on the tension tore the seal. My tears are mainly around the flashers and corners where there are curves. The tears in the front should not effect hvac since it is sealed off again around the duct work. The back however would definitely effect performance. In any case who wants water leaking into their tractor.

Attachments

• DSCN3736.jpg
    DSCN3736.jpg
    835.7 KB · Views: 534
  • DSCN3763.jpg
    DSCN3763.jpg
    864.5 KB · Views: 341
  • DSCN3749.jpg
    DSCN3749.jpg
    858.1 KB · Views: 304