Just bought my first tractor. MF 1260. Now what?

/ Just bought my first tractor. MF 1260. Now what? #1  

jpat34721

Tractor
MF 1260
I just bought a MF 1260/1246 FEL + 9 implements which is being delivered by truck sometime this week-end. I'm going to have to drive the tractor the last two miles since the semi can't get out my road. Problem is I've never owned a tractor (I've rented a few but it's been a while) and I don't even know how to start it. I'll have to back it off the trailer, load the implements on my trailer and drive the tractor home before I can read the manual.

Does anyone have the relevant pages of the operating manual that they could scan to a pdf to get me started?

Thanks
Jeff

/ Just bought my first tractor. MF 1260. Now what? #2  
Did anyone send you anything? If not, I can talk you through a start sequence.

/ Just bought my first tractor. MF 1260. Now what?
Thanks for the offer. I managed to get 'er home with the help of a buddy with a forklift and a lot of tractor experience. Bit of an ordeal though. Not enough room on my trailer to get all the implements and the tractor on so I strapped the sprayer to the bucket, attached the disc to the 3 pt and had my son drive the tractor home (about 5 miles). Managed to put a good dent in the hood trying to use the bucket to unload :ashamed: Argh.

The loader needs a bit of work but the tractor runs great. I got to put a new alternator in then she'll be good to go.

Attachments

• DSCN0118.jpg
    DSCN0118.jpg
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 4,087
  • P1000669.jpg
    P1000669.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 559
   / Just bought my first tractor. MF 1260. Now what? #4  
Looks ace. Glad to see a couple more 1200 owners around here! Still loving my 1235, and the Lewis loader on it is fantastic.

/ Just bought my first tractor. MF 1260. Now what? #5  
You did good

/ Just bought my first tractor. MF 1260. Now what? #6  
I can see the youngn' taking the controls veeeery soon

/ Just bought my first tractor. MF 1260. Now what? #8  
Nice tractor! :thumbsup:
If you are looking to sell some implements, let me know.
Ron

/ Just bought my first tractor. MF 1260. Now what? #9  
Nice tractor, and a package deal with that many implements! You did good.:thumbsup: Next implement you may want, a quick hitch. :thumbsup:

/ Just bought my first tractor. MF 1260. Now what? #10  
Have fun, but be safe.