Tires Just found a large crack in the front tyre

/ Just found a large crack in the front tyre #1  

KiotiJason

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DS3510 and 2 x Fordson Power Majors
Hi Guys,
I've got a year and a half old Kioti DS3510 and found a 4+inch crack up the side wall all the way into the industrial block pattern tread. Now the tractor has only done 160 hours, but I do have a front end loader. Do you guys think that it's a warranty claim. I would have expected better performance out of a tyre that has only just warn off the mood marks. What do you think?

/ Just found a large crack in the front tyre #2  
Call the dealer and see what they tell you. I doubt tires are covered under warranty. Unless you can't afford down time I would run it until it blows. It probably will last quite a while especially with that little use.

/ Just found a large crack in the front tyre #3  
You'll have to closely read your warranty policy but I doubt it would be covered. However, if you have a good insurance policy on the tractor it may be covered. My tractor insurance covers glass (cabbed tractor), tires and many other damages or perils.
If not covered by insurance or warranty front tires are much cheaper to buy and replace than rear tires.

/ Just found a large crack in the front tyre #4  
Depends if you keep it in the shed when not in use. I could see 'them' (dealership) not honouring a tyre warranty due to the harsh UV rays, but at under two years ownership of a new tractor, I reckon they'd help you out... just for their reputation's sake. Can't hurt to ask.

As a note to our North American friends: the UV rays can and are very extreme down here. Especially this far South as KiotiJason & I are.

/ Just found a large crack in the front tyre #5  
I'd call the dealer and see if they will help with a new tire. Otherwise, buy a new one and keep the tractor out of the sun while not in use. The UV rays will raise havoc with your tires.

/ Just found a large crack in the front tyre
I'd call the dealer and see if they will help with a new tire. Otherwise, buy a new one and keep the tractor out of the sun while not in use. The UV rays will raise havoc with your tires.
Tractor is never left out and the crack is on the inside wall. These are US made tyres.. Emailed the dealer to see what they can do I hope they are quick as the tractors stranded in the paddock.

/ Just found a large crack in the front tyre #7  
Tractor is never left out and the crack is on the inside wall. These are US made tyres.. Emailed the dealer to see what they can do I hope they are quick as the tractors stranded in the paddock.

??? I thought you said there was a crack in the tyre, not that it was flat due to a crack.

Or is there another reason it's stranded, mate?

??? I thought you said there was a crack in the tyre, not that it was flat due to a crack.

Or is there another reason it's stranded, mate?
Nope tyre is flats as a tack!

/ Just found a large crack in the front tyre #9  
If you don't have a loader how did you put 160 hours in one year. What do you use it for? Maybe you cut the tire when working with it. Doubt if tires are covered under wear/tear or abuse. To me it would take a lot to crack a side wall just sayin.

If you don't have a loader how did you put 160 hours in one year. What do you use it for? Maybe you cut the tire when working with it. Doubt if tires are covered under wear/tear or abuse. To me it would take a lot to crack a side wall just sayin.

My first post states that I have an FEL. Spoke to the dealer, looks to them a structural problem with the tyre. Only problem is Titan sacked their rep and don't have anyone that can come and inspect the tyre, so I have to foot the bill and hope that Titan do the right thing. BTW the inspection showed the crack running up right through the tyre lugg. There doesn't appear to be any cracks to any of the other tyres.