Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003)

/ Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003) #11  
I had a 2110 FWD with a Du-Al loader and a 1900 2WD and they were excellent tractors. The 2110 was a real workhorse and nothing ever went wrong. I think I bought it for $12,500 and I sold it for $13,500 15 years and lots of hours later.

When you change the oil, you need to add a few ounces of oil to the injector pump and it's important. It's in the owner's manual and don't lose the copper washer. When you change the trans fluid, there probably is a sump screen under a round cover on the side of the transmission. Rinse it in diesel fuel. I might still have a parts manual for the 1920 that I would sell.

Last edited:
   / Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003)
Thanks for the tips just got the parts manual in the mail yesterday and the service one is on its way wish i would have known sooner

/ Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003) #13  
Ditto on the dependability of these Shibaura machines. My 1920 has not backed down from anything, once I replaced the clutch. Original owner 'rode' the clutch during their 'clearing' work and wore it down. One suggestion..park the tractor where you have room to split it when you pull the FEL. Sounds like you will need to access the clutch to for repair.

It still moves just have to start it in gear. Plan on taking fel and hoe off then it goes into garage for a make over all fluids hoses belt paint everything freed up and lubed it will role out the door like a new one

/ Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003) #15  
That's exactly how I bought my NH 1920 4WD in 2011. Previous owner was using it with a bad clutch by starting it in a 'slow' gear and just changing speed with the throttle. Paid him $7000 with bad clutch and only 580 hours on it, Bush Hog brand FEL and Fred Cain 5' rotary cutter. Had my 'tractor man' split the tractor and replace clutch. He offered a 'rebuild' or new clutch and I went for new...I think it was about $300 difference. Labor & parts for new clutch was $1200. Tractor has been workhorse since. The Ford/NH series tractors have great 'bones' so you should be very happy when the spa treatment is done.

We plan on doing it ourselves only concern is i saw some where there is a special clutch alignment tool once we get the service manual we will take a real close look at that

/ Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003) #17  
We plan on doing it ourselves only concern is i saw some where there is a special clutch alignment tool once we get the service manual we will take a real close look at that

Do a search--in the Google box upper right--on this page. I'm pretty sure recall a couple of splits on models similar to yours.

Also, on that series of tractor the company suggests putting a wooden block between the floor and clutch pedal rod to keep pressure on it over the winter and prevent the clutch from freezing/rusting to the pressure plate. There may be threads on this as well.

/ Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003) #18  
Do a search--in the Google box upper right--on this page. I'm pretty sure recall a couple of splits on models similar to yours.

Also, on that series of tractor the company suggests putting a wooden block between the floor and clutch pedal rod to keep pressure on it over the winter and prevent the clutch from freezing/rusting to the pressure plate. There may be threads on this as well.

I store my 3 old Fords over the winter, and "block" the clutch on them all.

/ Just got this 1990 1920 with fel and back hoe (2003) #19  

You can make a wooden dowel clutch alignment tool. Some clutches actually are supplied with the alignment tool.

Yeah I've seen a few post on this and I believe there was a factory plastic block that went between floor board and clutch pedal