Just how do you BUY AMERICAN?

/ Just how do you BUY AMERICAN? #181  
Pat

Did you not see the smiley faces, just a little humor to lighten up things here. You guys are getting to serious about this. You buy what you can with what you have. It is not un American to buy someones else products. What if you had a business and made parts, would you want those parts limited to the USA, or would you want an international market. Would you accept bids to make those parts 30% cheaper outside the USA. I am an American as any one of you, and I buy what I want to. I would almost bet that everyone of you have something foreign made in you household or vehicle.

We all have our opinions about what we will absolutely not buy, and which product will be accepted. be it tractors, welders, tools, fuel, etc.

/ Just how do you BUY AMERICAN?
JJ, peace bud...

If you spend much money you will be probably buying off shore stuff and most likely some Chinese made stuff whether or not you realize it.

Just this afternoon for whatever reason I picked up a surge protector clearly emblazoned with the GE logo (why limit my interest to Westinghouse?) I turned it over and had to get it just right in the light to be able to read the fine print but it said Made in China!!!!

Recall Paul Hogan as Crockry Dundee when he first hit the streets of NYC?

/ Just how do you BUY AMERICAN? #183  
GE is almost all offshore now. GE appliances are built in mex & chi. Probably the only thing they still make in the US are locomotives & really large machines or military equipment.

I think anymore it's what ISN'T built in Chi.

IH still makes some trucks in the USA :)

/ Just how do you BUY AMERICAN?
JJ, peace bud...

If you spend much money you will be probably buying off shore stuff and most likely some Chinese made stuff whether or not you realize it. I know I am.

Just this afternoon for whatever reason I picked up a surge protector clearly emblazoned with the GE logo (I've known General Electric to be a fine American company since years ago when it was Captain Electric) I turned it over and had to get it just right in the light to be able to read the fine print but it said made in China!!!!

Recall Paul Hogan as Crocodile Dundee when he first hit the streets of NYC? He tried to say g'day to everyone he passed on the sidewalk, failed miserably due to the heavy load of folks and finally said oh sh-t and gave up. I'm getting really close to that with regards to small items and their country of origin.

Pat

/ Just how do you BUY AMERICAN? #185  
I just saw where Harley has laid off 1100 people. They're changing CEO's too. I always figured Harley was going to be resistant to the recession. Guess things are going to get worse before it gets better.

/ Just how do you BUY AMERICAN? #186  
I just bought a new pair of boots. I saw Chippewa, Timberland Pro, and Carolina brands, all made in China! They weren't bashfull on price either, $100 - $139. It really bothers me to pay top dollar for bottom dollar labor costs. I ended up with a $59 pair of Chinese boots.

/ Just how do you BUY AMERICAN? #187  
I woould agree that US gov't policies have done everything in their power to drive manufacturing out of the US and overseas.

That bastion of impartial :rolleyes: journalism, the N.Y. Times had an article today in which Prez Ospama is allowing California and 13 other states to draft their own auto emissions standards. Granted, California has been doing this for years; but allowing this nonsense just makes it tougher to efficiently build vehicles for the US market.

We might as well allow the states to print their own currency, and do who knows what else to set themselves apart from the crowd.

As much as I can't stand former Prez Shrub, I have to agree with him about this emissions standards nonsense.

Please note, I pick on all the crooks regardless of their party affiliation.

/ Just how do you BUY AMERICAN? #188  
That bastion of impartial :rolleyes: journalism, the N.Y. Times had an article today in which Prez Ospama is allowing California and 13 other states to draft their own auto emissions standards. Granted, California has been doing this for years; but allowing this nonsense just makes it tougher to efficiently build vehicles for the US market.

We might as well allow the states to print their own currency, and do who knows what else to set themselves apart from the crowd.

As much as I can't stand former Prez Shrub, I have to agree with him about this emissions standards nonsense.

Please note, I pick on all the crooks regardless of their party affiliation.

At least you don't live in CA...

/ Just how do you BUY AMERICAN? #190  
I ordered a set of combination wrenches and a socket set for use at work from McMaster.
This is the quality category I chose:
"Value— Quality tools at an economical price. Made in the USA. "
The wrench set I got was Craftsman and the socket set was Allen. Nice tools.