Just ordered 2210

/ Just ordered 2210 #1  

tacbat

Tractor
JD2210
I just ordered a 2210 and I thought I would see how I did on pricing ..

• 2210 9050.00
    210 fel 2100.00
    62C MM 1550.00
    lx4 rotary 875.00

total 13575.00

well how did I do?

The dealer wants me to have the tires loaded, but I will be mowing around the house with it (1.5ac. finish 5ac. pasture). I have read people post that they just a box blade for weight?

While I was at the dealer the JD rep was there and said there should be a backhoe in Nov. but could not give me any real info on it. Has anybody else heard this or is a sale rep telling me what I want hear?

if this a dupe post sorry /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif long time reader first time post

/ Just ordered 2210 #2  
Hi,

Well it is much better than I did! Here's what I got when I priced the 2210:
(Price were converted from CAD to USD at xe.com)

2210 - 11029$
210 Loader - 2264$
62" MMM - 1789$

My JD dealer didn't want to fill the tire! He told me to used the tiller for ballast since I was getting the tiller!

Good Luck!
Sylvain

/ Just ordered 2210 #3  
2 local dealers here in Ohio are priced at
$12900 and $12590..........both without the rotary mower

/ Just ordered 2210 #4  
I hope those were Canadian dollars.. Can you come to the U.S. and buy big ticket items without paying big taxes when you go home? Just curious...

/ Just ordered 2210 #5  
That looks fair. And if you like the dealer it is really fair. I know I paid a bit more for my BX22 because I liked the dealer closest to home. I did not want to feel guilty taking it in for warranty work if needed.

/ Just ordered 2210
My 2210 was in Dayton Ohio but I did not have to pay taxes (farm zoning)

/ Just ordered 2210 #7  
Hi,

No these are US dollars... I converted them from Canadian dollars using the xe.com web site. It looks like my JD dealer has very high prices! I just bought a 4110 and I didn't get that good of a deal if I compare it to some other deals that I saw on TBN /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
If I buy something in the US I have to pax the GST (goods and Service tax) when I cross at the Canadian border which is 15% here in NB. Although I'm 5 minutes from the border I prefer to buy on the Canadian side because it's less of a hassle when you have to take it back to the dealer /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sylvain

/ Just ordered 2210 #8  
I see your point with the dealer service. Is the higher price a direct reflection on the taxes or do the dealers just make a ton of profit? I see many people buying tractors from Canada that are either grey market or Chinese. Can you get a better deal on them than the big name tractors? I have a cousin way up in British Columbia and he complains about the taxes. I guess that is a universal complaint no matter what country you live in.

/ Just ordered 2210 #9  
GaryG,

From what I could figure the higher prices are both because of taxes and higher dealer profit, at least in my region. Also I'm not good at barganning! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Everytime it seems I'm doing things too fast! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I have yet to see any Chinese or gray market dealers around here. We have most of the big or known dealers but nothing else. It could be that some dealers are pretty small (sell from their home) and I may not have looked hard enough. For example I just found out last Thursday that a guy is selling AGCO tractors and has bought a old motorcycle shop 2 minutes from my house... If i had known before I would have gotten a quote on the smallest tractor (23.5 HP) in the ST series. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sylvain

/ Just ordered 2210 #10  
I have a grey market/Chinese tractor dealer a couple miles from me also. He does not advertise. I think they have to sell as used to get around the ROPS rules. The tractors are very basic with no hydrostatic or even shuttle shift. I think we are better off with the name brands, even if they cost a bit more.