Price Check Just ordered 2720 and stuff

/ Just ordered 2720 and stuff #1  

OneMarineE5

Silver Member
Tractor
JohnDeere 2720
Hey everyone,
New here and just got myself straightened out and pointed here to the JD side.

I joined this post I think in August this year. I held off introducing myself as I was in the throws of deciding what and when I was going to order a compact utility tractor.

I owned a JD L130 with a bagger and a Frontier 13hp 32" snow-blower, sold them during the month of October. Yesterday, I ordered a 2010 JD 2720 with a 200CX loader (with a 53" bucket and 42" forks), a 46 backhoe, JD ballast box, 62" drive over deck and I-match...also work lights front and one back. Now I'm scared as I'm taking on a decent loan. Regardless...I'm more excited than I can stand.

I would love anyones input regarding my loader bucket and fork length choices. I chose the 42" forks thinking too long might be unecessary on this size tractor. Any other input would also be appreciated and welcome.

Hey...how does one endure the wait?:mur:

/ Just ordered 2720 and stuff #2  
Welcome to TBN! Sounds like you are off to a great start with some nice JD equipment. Someday that loan will be a distant memory. I know others here will provide good helpful info for you on your selections.

/ Just ordered 2720 and stuff #3  
Congrats on the new tractor. That's a beauty.:thumbsup:

Don't worry about your loan. You will always find a way to pay it.

/ Just ordered 2720 and stuff #4  
Hello OneMarineE5:),and welcome to TBN.
IMO,I would opt for the 61" heavy duty bucket. If my 2520 can handle it,so can your 27.:thumbsup: I really like having the replaceable cutting edge.
The wait is agonizing. I had to pace around for almost a month,but it was well worth it!!
You will love your machine.

Greg

/ Just ordered 2720 and stuff #5  
Congrats!!! :thumbsup: Did you ever think of getting the 3320?

/ Just ordered 2720 and stuff
Hey CompactTractorFan,

I did, so here's the story. I have many large oak trees (100+ feet high...way too big to get arms around) I need to one day take down then put in 400' of additional driveway and excavate for 2-foundations, 1 of a room addition and 1 a 3 bay garage. Once this is all done, I'll have about 900 - 1000' of gravel driveway to maintain...requires occasional grading as much is on an 8% slope and tends to rut. Really need to higher bulldozer....but, I'd rather pay me and buy a tpy....I mean tool :drool:

With all that said, I really want a 5083E with loader. Can not afford that right now and I'm not quite ready to begin the heavy work as I have a bit more upgrades inside house as well as lighter landscaping to do such as small patios to be built and small trees to dig up and replant.

In 3-4 years I hope to purchase the 5083E. This will eliminate 5-10 thousand in paying someone else to excavate and will allow me to maintain that much gravel drive......I was quoted 20-30 thousand to pave. Probably could get it done 15-20grand but I've seen what that buys and you end up patching a bunch in a short time.

So 3320? My current barn (14x24' shed with 12/12 roof..looks like a barn:confused:) will accommodate a 2720 with rops down, 3320 won't quite fit. I might be able to keep the 2720 when I get a 5083E but not sure....definitely could not keep the 3320. Also 2000 series is much more conducive to the tight areas I must do the dreaded leaf clean up.

Am I rambling?

Rebuttals always encouraged!!

/ Just ordered 2720 and stuff #7  
Hey CompactTractorFan,

I did, so here's the story. I have many large oak trees (100+ feet high...way too big to get arms around) I need to one day take down then put in 400' of additional driveway and excavate for 2-foundations, 1 of a room addition and 1 a 3 bay garage. Once this is all done, I'll have about 900 - 1000' of gravel driveway to maintain...requires occasional grading as much is on an 8% slope and tends to rut. Really need to higher bulldozer....but, I'd rather pay me and buy a tpy....I mean tool :drool:

With all that said, I really want a 5083E with loader. Can not afford that right now and I'm not quite ready to begin the heavy work as I have a bit more upgrades inside house as well as lighter landscaping to do such as small patios to be built and small trees to dig up and replant.

In 3-4 years I hope to purchase the 5083E. This will eliminate 5-10 thousand in paying someone else to excavate and will allow me to maintain that much gravel drive......I was quoted 20-30 thousand to pave. Probably could get it done 15-20grand but I've seen what that buys and you end up patching a bunch in a short time.

So 3320? My current barn (14x24' shed with 12/12 roof..looks like a barn:confused:) will accommodate a 2720 with rops down, 3320 won't quite fit. I might be able to keep the 2720 when I get a 5083E but not sure....definitely could not keep the 3320. Also 2000 series is much more conducive to the tight areas I must do the dreaded leaf clean up.

Am I rambling?

Rebuttals always encouraged!!

OK, that makes sense (and your not rambling ;)). How much property do you have to warrant a 5083E? What are you going to use for your leaves with the 2720?

OK, that makes sense (and your not rambling ;)). How much property do you have to warrant a 5083E? What are you going to use for your leaves with the 2720?

It is more the size of the jobs then the size of the property. Even small bull-dozers struggle with the removal of trees this size and digging foundations in this area. We seem to have some of the most rock/boulder infested ground. I figure I'd rather buy a larger piece of equipment with the money I'd pay someone else to do the work, and just do it myself. Eventually I'd have the option to sell the 5083E and recoop some of my money, but money paid to a dozer and operator is forever gone. (Let's be honest....I'd probably never let it go:laughing:)

We have almost 4 acres between myself, brother and parents....3-miles up the road parents have 10 acres we pay to mow or rent to farmers.....sounds like a nice garden in my future.

Right now.....I want my 2720:licking:

Hello OneMarineE5:),and welcome to TBN.
IMO,I would opt for the 61" heavy duty bucket. If my 2520 can handle it,so can your 27.:thumbsup: I really like having the replaceable cutting edge.
The wait is agonizing. I had to pace around for almost a month,but it was well worth it!!
You will love your machine.

Greg

Thanks Greg.

I will opt for the 61". If nothing else the replaceable cutting edge makes it a no brainer.

Now that you have your machine, would you do anything different? Note, a larger machine (higher ROPS) will not fit in my barn.

/ Just ordered 2720 and stuff #10  
It is more the size of the jobs then the size of the property. Even small bull-dozers struggle with the removal of trees this size and digging foundations in this area. We seem to have some of the most rock/boulder infested ground. I figure I'd rather buy a larger piece of equipment with the money I'd pay someone else to do the work, and just do it myself. Eventually I'd have the option to sell the 5083E and recoop some of my money, but money paid to a dozer and operator is forever gone. (Let's be honest....I'd probably never let it go:laughing:)

We have almost 4 acres between myself, brother and parents....3-miles up the road parents have 10 acres we pay to mow or rent to farmers.....sounds like a nice garden in my future.

Right now.....I want my 2720:licking:

Wow!!! That's a lot of tractor for that acreage!!! :thumbsup: