Just ordered a BX2380

/ Just ordered a BX2380 #1  

mummer43

Tractor
BX 2380
Just built a new house on 2 acres. I'll have a lot of mowing and yard work to do as well as snow clearing. I ordered it with the front end loader, a 60" easy over mowing deck, and the 50" front mount snowblower. Any advice for a new owner? Recommended accessories? I'm thinking about some ROPS lighting. I've also seen the LED full lighting conversion and that looks really good. I work crazy hours so I may be doing some work at dusk and into the the dark. I didn't get the hydraulic chute control for the snowblower, but I suspect that's something I'll want.

/ Just ordered a BX2380 #2  
Just a suggestion, would you consider a rear mount snow blower? This way you still have your loader mounted if you need to use it as well while you are clearing snow. You save money on the front mount assembly and the bower itself will be cheaper as a rear mount. They money you save could be spent on other goodies for the machine. Enjoy the tractor you will love it.

/ Just ordered a BX2380 #3  
RatchetRake, Boxblade (For rear weight and use) and clamp on forks.

/ Just ordered a BX2380 #5  
   / Just ordered a BX2380 #6  
I use my forks more than the bucket. Ratchet rake was nice for clearing my woods this winter.

John, went thru Somerset and stopped at barlows for the first time. I expected to see you, lol.

/ Just ordered a BX2380 #7  
Congratulations on your tractor. When you get it double check all fluid levels, especially the front axle. There used to be an issue with the front axles not getting filled.

Doug in SW IA

/ Just ordered a BX2380 #8  
I use my forks more than the bucket. Ratchet rake was nice for clearing my woods this winter.

John, went thru Somerset and stopped at barlows for the first time. I expected to see you, lol.

Forks and RR are implements that have came in handy for me even though I thought I didn't need them before I got my tractors and started using them. Wouldn't do without either now or a boxblade which does multiduty with rear weight and great for many uses.
Yeah, I saw you out in the lot touching everything and climbing up on every tractor and RTVs and sitting on all the Zero turns and even going back into service dept and crawling all over every thing and lusting after the two 1957 Dodge pick ups that Steve Barlow owns and has there on his lot for sale waiting for a new owner to restore them.:laughing::laughing::D:cool2::drink:.

/ Just ordered a BX2380 #9  
Congratulations on your tractor. When you get it double check all fluid levels, especially the front axle. There used to be an issue with the front axles not getting filled.

Doug in SW IA

For sure check front axle fluid after about 10 hours use. Factory fills it and dealer may even top it off but after a few hours use they are usually about a fourth to half a quart low I guess due to settling into all the nooks and crannies.