Just picked this up

/ Just picked this up #1  

shovelrider

Silver Member
Tractor
YM1700 w / fel
Was used to cut shooting lanes at a deer camp. YM 1720D, the front right seal is leaking and the whole tractor needs cleaned up and tlc. The lift arms was working and the guy said he took plate around pto shaft off, and cleaned a pcs of trash from a hole. Then it started working, but now it doesn't work again. It starts right up, no smoke and purrs like a kitten, however there's a clickin sound from rearend. Could it be, that something(pin or a shaft of sorts fell out or down in that area. Also, i do know that the knob under seat has to be all the way out(ccw) in order to send hyd. fld. to lift. What is the opinion of the gurus here? Thanx in advance, i gave $800

Attachments

• ym 1720d 001.jpg
    ym 1720d 001.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
  • ym 1720d 003.jpg
    ym 1720d 003.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 86
  • ym 1720d 006.jpg
    ym 1720d 006.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
  • ym 1720d 005.jpg
    ym 1720d 005.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 112
  • ym 1720d 017.jpg
    ym 1720d 017.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
  • ym 1720d 022.jpg
    ym 1720d 022.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 105
  • ym 1720d 027.jpg
    ym 1720d 027.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
  • ym 1720d 028.jpg
    ym 1720d 028.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 121
   / Just picked this up #2  
"i gave $800"
:eek: All I can say Christmas has come early for you. :thumbsup:

/ Just picked this up #3  
"guy said he took plate around pto shaft off, and cleaned a pcs of trash from a hole. Then it started working, but now it doesn't work again." That doesn't make sense to me. Not understanding how pto shaft and lift have a connection. :confused3:

You will need to try and course more specifically just where that clicking sound is coming from.

Is this the knob that has to be all the way out for fluid flow?

Attachments

• 100_4959.JPG
    100_4959.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 75
   / Just picked this up
yes sir, i had told him that knob had to be open. When i got it home, i opened it all the way, but nothing from the lift arms. The click isn't all the time, but it is coming from the rearend maybe under trans.. Will check u joints, etc.. He said his dad worked on tractors and when they took that plate off, and cleaned the area out that they had to look that a shaft of some kind didn't fall out. I have know ideal, all i have is the manual / parts list for my ym1700 2wd. Which i unload logs and other stuff, the 4x4 is 12" as a ref.. If anyone has been inside that area or have pix of the inside, i would appreciate a post. Thanx

Attachments

• ym 1720d 029.jpg
    ym 1720d 029.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 93
  • ym 1720d 030.jpg
    ym 1720d 030.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 90
   / Just picked this up #6  
A steal! But if that front hub, the pto, the lift, and that click all need a mechanic's touch, there's another $1k before its back in service for another few decades.

/ Just picked this up #7  
Sounds as though you have have several issues to work on with the tractor.
There are several videos available from Hoye tractor on youtube. I know there is one on the PTO probably not specific to the 1720D, but general education. Not sure but there maybe one on the front hubs.
Your 3PH lift and the fluid flow control knob are probably a related issue.
The clicking is a concern also. You said it does not happen all the time. Have you been able to associate the clicking with a activity? Such as trying to raise the 3PH? If so could it be a week relief valve? Hopefully not something serious in the transmission.
Can you turn wrenches? If not I doubt the $1k estimate someone mentioned will begin to touch the cost.

/ Just picked this up
yeah, i can wrench on it myself, thats another reason i went ahead and bought it. Cheaper for me to do it, plus i can add to my list of winter projects. Just looking to see if anyone has been into the area around/ behind the pto shaft. I believe the guy said something about R&P gear wasn't broke off any, just normal wear. No sir, you can kinda feel a lil' jerk when it happens(click), i believe it's axle. But will dbl. check to see if behind valve is clean, it needs serviced bad. Like i said, winter project and going to use it for many lifting and moving small amounts of pea gravel / dirt around the place. Four wheel drive and all. Thanx

Attachments

• ym 1720d 012.jpg
    ym 1720d 012.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 92
   / Just picked this up
Thank you California and the rest, yeah it doesn't do all the time(clicking sound). Hopefully, when i open the rear plate i'll know more. I use the clutch when shifting, instead of having to lower rpms first before shifting gears. Thanx again, might be workin on it before winter, if i get my wood in and stacked. Will post progress as i go.