Just picked up a used BCS 737 how did i do?

/ Just picked up a used BCS 737 how did i do? #11  
You did well with your purchase. I owned a 737 and it was a sweet machine. Here is some advice:
a. Buy some molybdenum disulphide (moly) grease and liberally put it on the shift detent ball. It will make gear shifts much, much easier
b. Buy cable lubricator and liberally spray all of your control cables with your favorite spray oil lubricant
c. Make sure your tires have proper air pressure. BCS tires have stiff sidewalls and I have spun the air valve out of the rim because there was not enough pressure to keep the tire bead tightly against the rim.

You got a great deal on your tractor and implements.

/ Just picked up a used BCS 737 how did i do? #12  
Be very careful with that rotary mower. It is the reason BCS redid their PTO. You can buy a breakaway blade kit if it still has the solid blade, and that will help. Otherwise it should not be used in any areas where there's a risk of hitting unmovable objects. It can twist, strip, and break your spline PTO.

If you want to expand that tiller to 26", PM me. I have several broken BCS tillers here and I could sell you some used extension hubs pretty cheap.

/ Just picked up a used BCS 737 how did i do? #13  
Be very careful with that rotary mower. It is the reason BCS redid their PTO. You can buy a breakaway blade kit if it still has the solid blade, and that will help. Otherwise it should not be used in any areas where there's a risk of hitting unmovable objects. It can twist, strip, and break your spline PTO.

If you want to expand that tiller to 26", PM me. I have several broken BCS tillers here and I could sell you some used extension hubs pretty cheap.

Not only that, but I have seen several cases where the transmission housing has cracked, I think due to straight blade hitting something solid. The breakaway/hinged blade kit is a good option, unless you are only cutting pasture/grass/weeds without any rough stuff.

/ Just picked up a used BCS 737 how did i do?
Yeah joel told me about that when I was telling him what implements I wanted quick hitch ends for, he said be careful. Where do I find the breakaway/hinged blade kit?

/ Just picked up a used BCS 737 how did i do? #15  
Yeah joel told me about that when I was telling him what implements I wanted quick hitch ends for, he said be careful. Where do I find the breakaway/hinged blade kit?

Send me an email if you like and I will get you one. daileysfarm@hotmail.com or send email on tractorybynet.

/ Just picked up a used BCS 737 how did i do? #16  

You can purchase it directly from Earth Tools. Possibly from any local BCS dealer as well.

/ Just picked up a used BCS 737 how did i do?
Thanks all for the info on the breakaway blades. I'll keep it in mind if I ever need to take the thing brush hogging. As it is I will probably use it to mulch up leftover crop residue to allow for tilling, and I assume the current blade is thinner than the breakaway and probably better suited for that task. Either way I won't be encountering any surface rocks in my vegetable beds. It'd be nice to have a flail, but of course those babies cost more than I paid for the bcs! So I'm farming old school, make do with what you have.

/ Just picked up a used BCS 737 how did i do? #18  
I have one of the 30" combo mowers, solid blade, on a BCS 850. I'll admit I have never hit anything real hard with it, but have not had any trouble with it. It and a 45" sickle bar mower are both for sale, just do not have a use for the sickle bar, and just got a flail, so really don't need the combo any more.
But I always though the combo did an ok job as a bush hog, and I have some really steep, rough slopes, just no rocks.
You will really enjoy the 737. The diff and steering brakes make a world of difference. I started with a 725, finally found a 850. Almost had to stop working Friday when I broke a brake cable, I really use the brakes a lot. Would not want to go back to a locked diff.