Just saying hi. New Satoh S370 owner.

/ Just saying hi. New Satoh S370 owner. #21  
   / Just saying hi. New Satoh S370 owner. #22  
I have a Mitsubishi MT180D. (FYI, Sotah became Mitsubishi in latter years)
The factory installs a screen about 1 inch B4 the radiator specifically to stop crud from blocking the rad fins.
They use simple 'screen door' mesh with a thin U crimped along the edges. The rad frame has slots or guides to slip that screen in.
They also have felts or rubber to seal the edges. A tab (kinda a grip) is at the top for simple retraction.
Even with this effective protection I still blow the rad out from the backside with compressed air from time to time as some fine dust still accumulates.

/ Just saying hi. New Satoh S370 owner.
Good to know about the screen.

I think the previous owner replaced it with some diamond mesh as there is a small piece of expanded type metal that fits in a slot and is then bolted to the front of the tractor. I was thinking about just wrapping that piece but it sits about 1" in front of the radiator and I was thinking the sediments flying around would still get in between the screen and radiator if it were not sealed up tight.

/ Just saying hi. New Satoh S370 owner. #24  
I rent a mobile home (or used to) and require the yard to mowed by the renter. The renter asked me if he could use my Beaver to mow the yard until he got a lawnmower in a few weeks. I told him he could since the guy seemed so nice. I told him to watch the temperature and make sure the coolant was full. The next week I went buy and he said the enigne quit running. I walked over to the tractor and could smell the over heated engine. Anyway, scored cylinders, pistons and of course rings. He said he did not know what happened. As it turned out, he ended up not paying rent, stole my stuff that was there and trashed the place. Oh, I trusted this guy because he assured me he knew how to operate equipment because he was a heavy equipment operator (he really was). Go figure.

/ Just saying hi. New Satoh S370 owner. #25  
Good grief. Sorry to hear that unfortunate situation. Was the temp light functional at the time?