Just waiting for some snow

/ Just waiting for some snow #1  

shawnrogan

Tractor
Kioti CK30
After a few years of thinking about different ways to mount a 7' Meyer's snow plow to my CK30, I ended up with the idea of mounting directly to the frame so that I can leave the loader on but push from the frame.
What I didn't realize until well into fabrication ( with a neighbor who is a heck of a welder/ fabricator) was that the plow frame mount would need to be removed in order to use the loader as normal. Hoping to try it out and see how everything works, just need some snow!
Happy Holidays!

Attachments

• IMG_1434.jpg
    IMG_1434.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1443.jpg
    IMG_1443.jpg
    772.6 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1447.jpg
    IMG_1447.jpg
    783.7 KB · Views: 295
   / Just waiting for some snow #2  
Nice fab.
Looking forward to updates...most of all plowing at night.

/ Just waiting for some snow #3  
Nice work. Pretty neat idea and sure will be easier to take on/off without a QA loader bucket. Be sure to update and tell us how it works:thumbsup:

/ Just waiting for some snow #4  
Great idea, It will be interesting to see what happens when you get an uneven load of snow ,just wondering how much torque that mount will handle??

/ Just waiting for some snow #5  
As CanuckGT mentioned, there will be some torque. Be careful when you push into say an uneven drift of snow. The deeper side may try to turn you that direction. Very nice fabrication. You and your neighbor should start your own business.

/ Just waiting for some snow #6  
Here's some from 2 weeks ago - got more last week :)

Red.JPG

/ Just waiting for some snow #7  
After a few years of thinking about different ways to mount a 7' Meyer's snow plow to my CK30, I ended up with the idea of mounting directly to the frame so that I can leave the loader on but push from the frame.
What I didn't realize until well into fabrication ( with a neighbor who is a heck of a welder/ fabricator) was that the plow frame mount would need to be removed in order to use the loader as normal. Hoping to try it out and see how everything works, just need some snow!
Happy Holidays!

Will this work if you were so inclined to modify it? If you chopped it off to a point where you could still use the loader without removing the mount? Just a thought.

Steve

Attachments

• plow.jpg
    plow.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 159
   / Just waiting for some snow
It would work except that we felt that the loader would be directly above the plow and be an obstruction to seeing where you were going. The length of the mount was derived by seting the plow in the angle position and seting it on the ground a few inches in front of the loader bucket.
Won't know how well this works until we get some snow.....