Just waxed my like new Ford 2810

/ Just waxed my like new Ford 2810 #21  
Sawtooth,

Nice tractors - good to see older iron restored and used. We had JD's on the farm a 420 then a 1020 - the 1020 sold at auction in 1986 for more than we paid (along with a lot of other equipment).

My dad always stored machines inside, even hay wagons, and I followed his advise to cover, grease, and maintain machines, like Creekbend said, and I agree keep it up and covered/maintained and it will outlast us.

Thanks for sharing,

Carl

/ Just waxed my like new Ford 2810 #22  
Wish my 2810 had a new paint job and looked that good. Nice tractor you have. We don't hear much about 2810's on here. Glad to see them out there.

/ Just waxed my like new Ford 2810
Here is a pic of a 3910 (born in June 1984) I'm trying to get fixed up. Its a great tractor overall but it has issues. Whoever owned it before robbed all the 3pt hitch and replaced it with parts off an N series tractor, nothing was right. It had a old car muffler for an exhaust, the instrument cluster was wrong and clearly had more hours on it than the tractor does. I just got through righting those wrongs. Now I'm trying to get the wiring mended but theres whole sections of the wireing harness missing. I'm making it a proper tractor again though and its coming together nicely!

Just take your time piece by piece. You will be surprised how it will improve over time. As long as its soul is sound you will be shocked how much like oem you can make it. Just dont get in a hurray. Also you can buy oem brochures on ebay that show original color schemes etc.

/ Just waxed my like new Ford 2810 #24  
Wow-beauty-what year you figure?

/ Just waxed my like new Ford 2810
Wow-beauty-what year you figure?

Well originally i thought it was a 88 but ended up being a 89 model. The man that owned it passed away after keeping it stored for many years in his garage. I met his wife a day or so after she listed it in a local paper and she said he only ever used it to disk his small 1/2 garden and mow a couple acres behind the house a few times a year. He was very very fond of it and i was surprised no one in the family wanted to keep it. Guess money was more the issue. As for the tractor Its a wonder the seals etc are still ok from sitting so much. Actually, it does have a pto leak which i will fix soon. The amazing part is how clean and tight everything is. The transmission and steering etc feel like a new tractor. All tires are original except one front. Even the inner air filter was dated 1989 which i just changed. Very nice indeed and I feel very fortunate to have found it. All the hours scouring the internet and papers payed off I guess.

/ Just waxed my like new Ford 2810 #26  
Well originally i thought it was a 88 but ended up being a 89 model. The man that owned it passed away after keeping it stored for many years in his garage. I met his wife a day or so after she listed it in a local paper and she said he only ever used it to disk his small 1/2 garden and mow a couple acres behind the house a few times a year. He was very very fond of it and i was surprised no one in the family wanted to keep it. Guess money was more the issue. As for the tractor Its a wonder the seals etc are still ok from sitting so much. Actually, it does have a pto leak which i will fix soon. The amazing part is how clean and tight everything is. The transmission and steering etc feel like a new tractor. All tires are original except one front. Even the inner air filter was dated 1989 which i just changed. Very nice indeed and I feel very fortunate to have found it. All the hours scouring the internet and papers payed off I guess.

Wow, great find!

/ Just waxed my like new Ford 2810 #27  
View attachment 316371I'm jealous. Good look'n tractor. Im looking at buying a 2810 myself. Need something more suited for tedding and raking hay.

"Anyone else like Ford tractors this much?" Absolutely! All we've ever had on the farm. My 8600 is my favorite. Love the sound of that 6 cyl.

You might want to price out the new Farmall A (Case-IH) line or Workmaster (New Holland) line. I was looking for a used 2wd utility tractor for the same purpose and the prices for anything decent was just too high for the hours. Ended up going with a Farmall 45A 2wd for $15k and it is great. All the modern features with the same great basic appeal of the old Fords and Massey Fergusons. Rides good and the seat is very comfortable. Has one remote standard as well as telescopic lift arms and stabilizers for the 3pt so hooking up 3pt implements is as simple as possible. I'm always looking for an excuse to use the Farmall now and love tedding and raking with it. Just a much more enjoyable experience then with the Ford 1920 I use to use for that job.

/ Just waxed my like new Ford 2810 #28  
I'm always looking for an excuse to use the Farmall now and love tedding and raking with it. Just a much more enjoyable experience then with the Ford 1920 I use to use for that job.

Other than the newer tractor has a little more HP and probably a smoother ride - what is better about this over a Ford 1920 for raking hay?

/ Just waxed my like new Ford 2810 #29  
Other than the newer tractor has a little more HP and probably a smoother ride - what is better about this over a Ford 1920 for raking hay?

The smoother ride and more comfortable platform. The 1920 is a great tractor and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it but it's not as comfortable for long hours of use. The 1920 also has a loader and fwa so it has other jobs on the farm better suited to its strengths.

The added horsepower doesn't really do anything for raking and tedding in my operation. Their both low horsepower tasks. I wanted something that was comfortable to operate with a tight turn radius and the Farmall 45A fit that perfectly.

/ Just waxed my like new Ford 2810 #30  
Robert - I totally understand what you are saying as the newer tractors are certainly more ergonomic. But what I do not understand is why go to the expense of having another piece of equipment on the place as that adds storage space, maintenance, etc.