JUST WENT OVER 500 HOURS ON PT 422

/ JUST WENT OVER 500 HOURS ON PT 422 #11  
Wecome to TBN.

Just curious, has robin ever measured their engine using the same SAE spec J1995 that Kohler uses? Robin uses SAE J1349; it would be nice to be able to compare apples to apples. With automotive engines, these test methods could make as much as 20% differences in power output. I doubt that's the case in a small engine like this, but it would be nice to know, and it would only help the hp numbers for Robin.

Tim

/ JUST WENT OVER 500 HOURS ON PT 422 #12  
Dear Sir,

Robin V-Twins are pretty much designed to run only at the maximum angle of 25-30 degrees, I'm not sure how steep your hills are but if they're within this range I'd think there's a carburetion problem. Also, we've switched the spark plugs for all the hydraulic application engines to NGK BPR4EY - Robin Part# X65-01407-30.

Regards,

Jack Gawecki
Robin America, Inc.
Technical Support Dept.

/ JUST WENT OVER 500 HOURS ON PT 422 #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Wecome to TBN.

Just curious, has robin ever measured their engine using the same SAE spec J1995 that Kohler uses? Robin uses SAE J1349; it would be nice to be able to compare apples to apples. With automotive engines, these test methods could make as much as 20% differences in power output. I doubt that's the case in a small engine like this, but it would be nice to know, and it would only help the hp numbers for Robin.

Tim )</font>

Tim,

Thanks for the welcome. Frankly, I'm not sure if we ever did anything like this, as far as I'm concerned we did not. Please allow me to talk to the engineers about your question and I'll post some info as soon as I'll get it from them.

Regards,

Jack Gawecki
Robin America, Inc.
Technical Support Dept.