K.I.S.S.

/ K.I.S.S. #11  
A buddy of mine bought a boat our senior year in high school. After school and on weekends, we'd take it out waterskiing. Shortly after I left for bootcamp, it died on him while out on the water. He couldn't get it to start and had to have somebody tow him back. He said he tried everything, but nothing worked.

Three months later when I got back from boot camp and found out what happened, I asked to take a look. For whaterver reason, he didn't want me to look at it. Instead, we took it down to a boat shop to have them repair it. I was along for the ride, but he did all the talking about what happened. They turned over the key, looked at the engine and in the fuel tanks. They turned the valve to switch tanks and it started right up. His fuel gauge read full, but it was reading the full tank. His setup was such that he had to switch the gauge when he switched the tanks.

A client of mine went to the mall to do some Christmas shopping in her brand new Honda Civic. When she came out, it was gone. She called the police, filled out the papers and had a really terrible Christmas. Sometime in early January, she got a call from the mall telling her to come get her car or they were going to tow it.

She had forgot where she parked it and thought it was stolen when she couldn't find it. In fact, it was where she parked it and it sat there for almost a month without any problems.

One of the pastors from church was on our fourwheeler when it broke down on him. He had plenty of fuel, but it wouldnt start. It's a Honda 300 that has been very reliable. He walked back through the mud with the story and apology for breaking it.

A few of us went to take a look at it, only to discover he had hit the kill switch while riding through the mud.

I think a stick in the engine is perfectly normal. Just funny that you didn't notice it right off, but it sounds like it needed a tune up anyway.

Eddie

/ K.I.S.S. #12  
I spent two months and lord knows how much money working on my tractor. It would start sometime and as soon as you tried to give it more gas it would stall. I even had some friends come over to help me diagnose. It ended up being the gas shut-off valve was broke in the half open position. Let just enough gas through to get it to start once in a while. But hey like you I ended up with lots of new parts.

Wedge