Kabota 2350 seat off/on switch

/ Kabota 2350 seat off/on switch #1  

santacruzer

Bronze Member
After starting my 2350 while it was running, I got out of the seat and the engine stopped. Sitting back on the seat again I could not restart the engine. Looking at the switch under the seat it seems to depress OK but I still can't start the engine.

Since I've owned the tractor (about 6 years) getting off the seat didn't always shut down the engine, but that was not a problem as i would like to not have to restart every time I leave the seat.

So, can I bypass the switch some way or does the electrical system "need" the switch? Any tricks to it?

I'll appreciate any help I can get on the situation. Thanks

/ Kabota 2350 seat off/on switch #2  
The seat 'safety' switch only comes into play if the tractor is 'in gear'... in the case of an HST, that means anywhere except in neutral.

I know that with my 4105, on occasion, actually getting it into the neutral position can be tricky.

/ Kabota 2350 seat off/on switch #4  
I just had this happen a week ago, (got off the seat and it stalled)......after thorough investigation I found it was my foot pedal neutral safety switch. If you lay on your back, look under the deck close you can see an actuator rod that runs inside a piece of steel tubing that is suppose to push the switch when in neutral. A good dose of WD-Fixall freed up the parts and it runs as advertised.
Look closely cuz it is hard to see, easy fix.

/ Kabota 2350 seat off/on switch #5  
As others have stated, ot is not a seat switch issue.

The tractor only cuts off when you get off the seat if the PTO is engaged or the HST pedal is depressed.

Make sure your HST pedal is centered and the PTO lever is fully disengaged.

/ Kabota 2350 seat off/on switch
Thanks for the scoops guys...if it ever stops raining here in the Santa Cruz Mountains (California drought... don't you believe it) I'll go back outside and apply your suggestions.
More later...stay dry.

/ Kabota 2350 seat off/on switch
Hey Guys,
Problem solved with the setoff/on switch...it was in fact the PTO. Many thanks for all the help!