Kabota L2050 electrical problem. No power

/ Kabota L2050 electrical problem. No power #1  

Jacob L

Tractor
Kabota L2050
I have a small kabota L2050 tractor. Hasn't ran in 5 years. Did run when I parked it. Has a new battery and new battery cables. When I turn the key the lights come on and lights on the dash do also. But I get nothing else. I tested the starter and it is good. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for the help

/ Kabota L2050 electrical problem. No power #2  
It sounds like a safety switch (seat, PTO, neutral) is preventing the start.

/ Kabota L2050 electrical problem. No power
Thank you!!! I'll check that

/ Kabota L2050 electrical problem. No power #4  
It sounds like a safety switch (seat, PTO, neutral) is preventing the start.
Yes, agee with that. BTW, that's a great tractor. Get it going and keep it. You can spend a lot and not buy better. It has a gear transmission and a safety safety switch on the clutch pedal and the seat and PTO. So for the engine to crank you must be sitting on the seat with the clutch pushed all the way in and be sure that the PTO control is disengaged. The shifter may need to be in neutral ...I don't remember, but maybe.

If it has been sitting for that long then the fuel tap on the side of the fuel filter may have been turned off too.

Of all those safety switches, the ones most likely to need adjustment are the one under the seat and the one on the clutch pedal. Both can be defeated on those older pre-2000 era tractors by just unplugging the connectors to the switch and plugging them together. Or just adjust them. Easy to do.

Good luck, rScotty

/ Kabota L2050 electrical problem. No power
Wow, didn't know that!. Thank you for your help bud. Much appreciated.