KAMA 454 Overrev then dies

/ KAMA 454 Overrev then dies #11  
Yesterday I installed the replacement Injector Pump. Was very straight forward and when pulling off the gear of the old pump and bolting on the new one it can only go on 1 of 2 ways. Just make sure you note the markings when installing on the new pump....align the same way as the old one when removed ... and then slip in. No problem. Bleed the fuel and the tractor fired right up. Been using it for a few hours in the heat today and no problems. Ill run for a day or so, then change oil again. Using compressor oil.

Ill have the old one looked at....so Ill have another backup if needed.

Thanks for all the help....

Rich

Rich,
Any news on the engine? I have a Yanmar 3HM35F in my boat and it seems to be exhibiting similar issues of not running when hot. I haven't tried the cold water on the injector pump yet but will tonight. I have actually found that when the engine starts dying I can keep it going by pumping the priming bulb. I successfully delivered the boat through the C&D canal (3+ hours) by doing this. The injector pump was just recently rebuilt less than 24 hours ago. This was part of the "troubleshooting" by the mechanic.

You mentioned the governor possibly contributing to the problem.

Most people suggest some form of "air in the fuel" problem. But like you, if I let the engine die and then just let it sit
and cool about an hour, it will restart and run fine for about 30min.

Any thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Josh