KB 2376 Leaking control valve

/ KB 2376 Leaking control valve #1  

JoelD

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054xs TLB, 2004
Hi all,
Been a while.
I have a leak in the control valve on my backhoe.
I can see oil dripping off the spool cap on the bottom of the work section body for the left stabilizer.
I can't tell if the leak is in between the sections or the cap itself?
Any experience with leaks in that area?
I've replaced the seals on the tops of the spools for the boom, bucket and swing control valves.
Are the caps prone to leak?
If so any specs on the seals? my parts book does not break them down, only the spool control assembly which is $70.
I guess it could be from the top of the spool for the stabilizer, I'll take a closer look.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks
Joel

/ KB 2376 Leaking control valve #2  
My KB2375 has a Simco valve block assembly that I had become very familiar with. I actually had one stab block that wasn't casted correctly and would leak down. I had to split the complete assembly. Luckily under warranty and dealer got all the parts for me to make a new block assembly. If not sure of where the leak is coming from, wash down the entire block and then look. It looks like your bh could have a Nimco, Dinoil, or Hanil valve block. The Nimco valve blocks have the same rubber o-ring seal and nylon back up washer on the top and bottom. The caps themselves aren't the seal and can leak if the o-ring is bad. The Nimco shows the Spool Control Assembly for $70. You could get away with just sizing up the o-ring. The Dinoil doesn't show the o-rings at all, just an assembly, and the Hanil requires a spool kit that's more expensive. I'd look for the leak, take the appropriate block apart and see what you need. It may just be a 25 cent o-ring.

/ KB 2376 Leaking control valve
Thanks for the post
Yes will clean. Up and look close for leak
I have spare o-rings
Hoping I don't have to pull the entire assembly apart
It hard to gat a look when installed but no other way I know to easily check under pressure
Thanks again!
I have the nimco
Joel

/ KB 2376 Leaking control valve #4  
I looked at the parts diagram again for the Nimco and am surprised that only the $70 kit can be purchased when the parts to most likely fail are the o-ring and maybe nylon back-up washer. If I remember correctly from a few years ago, another member had problems with the o-rings and they could be purchased seperately. Times have changed. If it would help, maybe unbolt the entire valve assembly from the bh mounting and leave the lines attached. It will give you some room to see both sides. They're open center valves, so if the o-ring is bad, it will leak without moving the control levers. If needed, pulling the assembly apart is easier than it looks and not hard to reassemble. Just keep everything clean.

/ KB 2376 Leaking control valve
Brilliant idea to unbolt from how and test operate with hoses still attached!! I would not have thought of that. I now have a plan of attack. Thank you very much! I've done all the top side o-rings and have spares and I have one spare set of nylon washer from top side not sure if they'll fit if it is the bottom. Will see when I remove and fire up this weekend. Thanks again!
Joel