KB2375 assist

/ KB2375 assist #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
OK, not feeling too bright about now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

My backhoe has been unmounted since November as I've been busy brushhogging etc. Today I needed to move the backhoe in order to form up a slab in the area. I figured best way was to remount, that way I could also do some trench and drainage work. For some reason, I don't have any hydraulic power at the hoe /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I backed up the CK30, reatttached the hydo quick connects, turned that hard to reach valve thingy, but when I went to raise the hoe with the stabilizers - NOTHING. Did I forget something??????
I fiddled and refiddled with all the above. My hydro fluid level is full - can it be too full?
I also tried the other hoe controls - nothing. I get the just a twitch of movement. Stabilizers will pick up if I lift them, will "fall" if I push control forward.
I'm at a loss. My BH manual doesn't even mention the CK30, and the Mounting instructions aren't very detailed anyway.
Other hydraulics (FEL and steering and HST) appear to be working just fine.

Any suggestions??? BTW, it was working great when unmounted in Nov.

I was able to reposition the unit with my pallet forks to do my form, but it will be in way of the concrete pour (Monday- weather permitting)

David

/ KB2375 assist #2  
Switch your hoses in the quick couplers you got them backwards /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ KB2375 assist #3  
After you get them right make sure you mark one so this doesn't happen again.

/ KB2375 assist #4  
correct, mark them. I put a zip tie around the top fitting and its correct hose. If you look at your loader quick disconnects, they have color coded zip ties for this same reason. Good luck

/ KB2375 assist #5  
You need to reverse the hoses thingy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I did the same thing once and that was all it took to mark the outlets of the tractor. I thought I'd remember the bh's white to the top and red to the lower connection. At least that's how mine is. A red and white tie rap on the outlets to match the bh makes it easy. Hydro fluid at full on the stick wouldn't hurt a thing. I always make sure mine is at the top mark when using the bh so when the extra fluid is used by the bh cylinders at full extension, the level is never below the lower mark for the tractor.

/ KB2375 assist
OK, I'm gonna switch them. I'm positive I had the red to the red, and even the wife said that, but I'm goning back out and try again. Will post results
Mahalo

David

/ KB2375 assist
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I went back out, ade sure all was warmed up and reattached hoses, red to red. Same result as originally posted. Played witht the valve thingy beside the fender - NADA. I swithced hoses, almost hoping they were mismarked. This time, no movement at all, not even downward. Disconnected and reconnected red to red, still no power, but would at least go down. Disconnectedd at did about 1 hr FEL work, moving several tons of 1 1/2 minus. Wife had made suggestion the perhaps the BH fluid was "cold". OK, no snickering. I know 66 degrees isn't really cold, but ....
I figure everything was pretty warmed up after an hour of FEL work, so I tried again. Left it hooked about 10 minutes as I played with controls- hoping to at least warm the BH fluid somewhat. A smiggin better I think, good down motion, but not enough to lift tthe hoe. Tapping the control level would raise it maybe a 16th of inch each tap.
Any suggestions? I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow.
Seems to me that when I originally disconnected, I could feel a bit of pressure at the coupling - not so with these attempts, just a bit bit of fluid in the female side.

Any and all help appreciated as it is a major boatride to get machine to dealer, but then I'd still have to have way to move it.
/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

David

/ KB2375 assist #8  
When you detached the backhoe you turned the valve all the way until it stops correct?
Before you hooked the backhoe up you turned the valve ALL the way until it stoped correct?
You need to do this evertime when hooking up and when unhooking the backhoe.

If after you unhook the backhoe you drive the tractor if when you pull your loader valve it seems like the tractor pick up power then you didn't close the valve all the way.

Also your 3pt hitch will only go down and not up.

If all of our suggestions did not help please once you get it fixed let all of us know.

/ KB2375 assist #9  
I agree with the others that it sound like the hoses were switched, but I guess we are all wrong. I have one suggestion, but I don't think it is the solution, but it is worth a quick try. Check the value below the seat that regulates how quickly the 3 point hitch falls. Make sure it is not closed off. Again, this is just a thought with no assurances. Jake

/ KB2375 assist #10  
Could there be a quick disconnect gone bad here? He gets a little jump by jogging the lever. If QD has gone bad, limiting the flow tom almost zilch, would the tractor be hard to start because the pump would be dead heading to the relief on start up. If tractor starts, does it sound like it's labouring at idle? Just a couple suggestions. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Steve