Backhoe KB2385 limited swing

/ KB2385 limited swing #21  
Hard to tell from pics, but it appears the geometry is correct, however 20mm extra could create the same effect.
I don't know what's happened with yours, but here is a guess.
The top swing pivot bracket broke, and cylinders got damaged when it all let go. Someone welded it up and replaced the cylinders, but with the wrong ones.
But it's also possible the swing pivot point is incorrect, (bottom pivot changed as well) very hard to tell unless you can get a pic/measurements from someone else with the same hoe. Particularly trunnion pin center to swing pivot center.
EDIT: I'm definitely leaning towards the cylinders, I doubt someone repairing would have changed the geometry, but stranger things have happened, then again, it's also very possible.........

Last edited:
   / KB2385 limited swing #22  
Looking at the pics again..........
To me, I assume the following, please correct if you think it's different.
It appears the trunnion (cylinder) mounts are original.
It appears the top pivot plate has been welded/ground.
It appears the bottom pivot plate may be original, but could be changed/repaired. Can you also get a pic of welds underneath of both pivot plates?
It appears the swing frame assembly is original, but has been painted, but original rust can be seen at cylinder attachment bushes.
Possibilities...........
It's quite possible the pivot plates have been replaced and were made too long.
It's quite possible the cylinders are incorrect.
It's quite possible the swing frame assembly has been replaced, but appears at a few spots it's original.

Send https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/members/whsnyderiii.html an email and see if he will take some pin to pin measurements for you.
Send https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/members/frenchie4x4.html a PM and see if he will take some pin to pin measurements for you.

Last edited:
   / KB2385 limited swing #23  
From this picture,"it appears" the pivot plates on your hoe are the same length as these, so it looking like cylinders. Get measurements if you can.

Attachments

• KB2385_operators_seat-vi.jpg
    KB2385_operators_seat-vi.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 129
   / KB2385 limited swing
100td First let me say this forum is lucky to have you as a member. Your inquisitive mind and attention to details are inspiring! That said,having owned this backhoe a little over 3 weeks i have concluded it has endured some "trauma" in the past. The trunion/swing frame is new and still powder coated.[I also found a partial sticker underneath]. The pivot plates have definitely been replaced,probably at the same time. I agree with you they maybe too long. Because the cylinders are $800+ I will cut and remove approx 1inch and re weld them. This should improve the swing. Unfortunately I must step away from this project for a few weeks. In the northeast we heat with wood and I have neglected my woodpile due to other projects.I will post the repair and let you know how I make out. Many thanks for all your help.

/ KB2385 limited swing #25  
The pivot plates have definitely been replaced,probably at the same time. I agree with you they maybe too long.
After finding the last pic I posted, I don't believe the pivot plates are too long.
Because the cylinders are $800+ I will cut and remove approx 1inch and re weld them. This should improve the swing.
Don't do it, you can't move them much closer because the retracted stroke will limit the swing.
Ask/wait for some measurements from others to properly asses the problem. Fix the cause, not the symptom. If it is cylinders and you don't have the change to replace, there may be some half measures possible like longer rod and wider stance trunnion etc. Get any measurements from others you can. I did mention something previously, if the piston was assembled the wrong way around it would limit your extension by 1~1.5" possibly. A big long shot, but worth considering if nothing else shows up, measurements from others will prove this (if they were incorrectly assembled) if you can get them.

/ KB2385 limited swing #26  
It appears your 2385 cylinders are smaller than mine so the theory you have the wrong cylinders maybe true. Hope this helps. Shortening the shaft will only create a bigger problem, maybe adding 2" block attached to the end could help. cylinder.JPG

Last edited:
   / KB2385 limited swing #27  
If I hook a tape on the flat end of the cylinder, I measure 10 5/8” to the center of pivot and 14 3/16” overall cylinder length. According to my backhoe Manual KB2475, the swing cylinder assembly part number is 2252-6000.

/ KB2385 limited swing #28  
If I hook a tape on the flat end of the cylinder, I measure 10 5/8” to the center of pivot and 14 3/16” overall cylinder length. According to my backhoe Manual KB2475, the swing cylinder assembly part number is 2252-6000.

My picture is from flat end to flat end of cylinder. I have a 2385, the swing cylinder part # is BS 18-0100 So if his 2nd picture is done the same way his cylinder is 2" short. I would guess that would equate to 4" or so.

Parts Finder Paige Tractors, Inc. Paige, TX (512) 253-6683

/ KB2385 limited swing #29  
I suggest it's as simple as disconnecting one cyl at the OB pin and swinging fully to one side as was mentioned.

It's there that I believe what 2" more travel (9" vs 7") can be easily recognized as adding SO MUCH more to swing. (a geometry thing)

That said, I also agree that the swing cylinders were most likely replaced with the shorter (read 'cheaper'?) ones that would 'bolt up'.

/ KB2385 limited swing #30  
I've read through this whole thread, and there is a LOT of confusion going on here. I suggest pulling the actual hoe serial number and go to a Kioti dealer and let them give you the correct part numbers for the cylinders and THEN determine the correct length for the specific machine. With the correct cylinder spec, do the measurements and see where you're at. Prior to that anything you do is based on guesswork and speculation, NOT facts. Cutting and re-welding cylinders on a guess?!:confused2: