Keep an Eye on Battery Again - 4300 series

/ Keep an Eye on Battery Again - 4300 series #11  
Yep I traded batteries at the sign of wetness too before any damage occured to my new machine.

/ Keep an Eye on Battery Again - 4300 series #12  
OK, now you are scaring me!! I am at work and it is 1:30 in the morning...should I call and wake up my wife and tell her to go to the barn...through the snow...and take out that batterY!!??!?! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I have a 4300 and need to look closely at the battery tray. I did not notice a problem at the last fluids change.

Also what is the cause of the instrument cluster clouding? Mine usually clouds a bit on the left. It is still able to be seen through and never gets visible moisture or gets warm. One dealer just said this can be normal from heat/airflow. That sounded weak but it doesn't seem to be a problem. But if this is a sign of a greater problem I want to fix it before it gets ugly. whew.....all this stress

Peter

/ Keep an Eye on Battery Again - 4300 series #13  
4210 replace the (no-good) with a yellow top 51 optima. they gave me a new one, did the same thing. you have a 16,000 tractor with a $25.00battery.

/ Keep an Eye on Battery Again - 4300 series #14  
A few months ago I looked and I couldn't find any Optima (red or yellow) to fit my 4400. They were all too deep. Does anybody have a part number that will fit a 4400?
Ron

/ Keep an Eye on Battery Again - 4300 series #15  
are you talking about the height????? if the battery sit in front of the radiator height is not the problem.length and width is.try (sales@tna-sports.com) you will not find one for one on the dimensions. good luck

/ Keep an Eye on Battery Again - 4300 series #16  
JDMar, there is a replacement kit for the fogging problem...see other posts. Your dealer SHOULD cover it...mine, on a 4710 was replaced under warranty...Also, see the post above...

JackD

/ Keep an Eye on Battery Again - 4300 series #17  
If you have a fogging problem go to the dealer and order a RE72944 Anti-Fog coating kit for the instrument panel.

Also you must take care not to touch the surface of the glass with the anti-fog coating. It stays soft to the touch and is easily marred. Keep the glass in the protective shipping package, handle only by the edges and avoid dusty dirty conditions.

/ Keep an Eye on Battery Again - 4300 series
UPDATE: Been running her hard over a month now and no signs of anymore problems with battery....even my custom mount is holding up well.
I did take this issue up with the dealer the next time I went in there, and at first, they just offered to replace the battery "like for like"....no way was that going to happen!!!! That Optima deep cycle is doing just fine and not going anywhere...lol. Since I had purchased the JD replacement parts from him, we finally mutually agreed on some reimbursement based on what receipts I had etc. I have no complaints with them and I'm happy. I just hope my post helps someone else to catch theirs before anything major happens. It's amazing how fast that acid will eat up that stamped metal.

/ Keep an Eye on Battery Again - 4300 series #19  
lgjhn,
In your original post, did you mean to say "bought a new yellow-top 51D series Optima battery", or was it actually a 31D Optima? I can't find a 51D listed in the yellow tops at this site. If it was a 31D, how did you compensate for the fact that the size is too large and the front grill won't go back on completely?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hoss

/ Keep an Eye on Battery Again - 4300 series #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( lgjhn,
In your original post, did you mean to say "bought a new yellow-top 51D series Optima battery", or was it actually a 31D Optima? I can't find a 51D listed in the yellow tops at this site. If it was a 31D, how did you compensate for the fact that the size is too large and the front grill won't go back on completely?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hoss
)</font>

I included a link below on Optimas group 51 battery which fits in a JD 4100 perfectly....I answered this question somehwere else as well..hopefully this helps someone

They only make this Group 51 in yellow and only in a Group 51

Duc

Optima Group 51