Keep your wife off your tractor

/ Keep your wife off your tractor #31  
My wife lets me use HER tractor.
She came home and told me one of her clients (a dealer) just traded a tractor for some work so she asked him if he wanted to trade with her.
Result was a MF 230 that he had sold new and taken back in trade.
She said only condition was it had to have power steering so she could drive it. It did.
When she was little Grandpa never let her drive the tractors or eqpt. so now she can.
My 7y/o granddaughter loves to drive it too! She can't reach the clutch but has the steering down pat. Even got to drive a 36 passenger bus a few months ago. Loved it.

/ Keep your wife off your tractor #32  
I knew my wife would need to know how to run the tractor sooner or later.
So I let her practice on my Kama 554, but she thought it too big for her. She ended up getting her own Jinma 284 and just loves it. A perfect solution, his and hers tractors. Now we do a lot of work together and have fun while spending more time together.

/ Keep your wife off your tractor #33  
Show your wife the other side of tractoring...time to change the oils and filters etc. for that should raise an eye brow. ;)

/ Keep your wife off your tractor #34  
I tried a variation of that once.. I was changine the oil in the tractor.. had pulle dit up to the driveway to make it easier, and a couple drips of oil DID hit the concrete.. I caught heck about that. i sugested that she change the oil next time, and then showed her the 1/2" and 3/4" tools.... I'm still changing the oil obviously..

soundguy

/ Keep your wife off your tractor #35  
[Soundguy]I caught heck about that...and then showed her the 1/2" and 3/4" tools.... I'm still changing the oil obviously.."

And there's the times to give tractor good bath w/wax...figure the odds of not hearing "I'll be right back hon."...hours later. ;)

/ Keep your wife off your tractor #36  
I admit to not bathing my tractors.. at least not the workers.

I have put a coat of wax on the 'perty' ones though.

soundguy

/ Keep your wife off your tractor #38  
When we first got our 'Bota in March, she couldn't wait to play on it. But after the "newness wore off" not so much. But she has learned to run the mower (once I hook it up) So I have more time for other things that need doin. I'm guessing the first couple of snow storms, she'll play a bit, but then as winter drags on, it'll be too cold for her.

But it is nice to have a helper, since my oldest Son lives 200 miles away and the younger one is in the Navy. And the two bums in law are too lazy to "drive all the way out there" to help. Not that they're much help any way. I don't know how my daughters managed to find identical idiots 6oo miles apart.

/ Keep your wife off your tractor #39  
3RRL said:
She hands me tools.:)
Beats doing it alone.

Ahh.. a 'here-hold-this' or 'hand-me-that' type of girl.

I have to say.. an extra hand or too is helpfull. My wife doesn't like to go out to the shop.. but will if needed.

I was rebuilding the lift cover on my old ford 660 a couple weeks ago.. not tough.. just oring and gasket repalcement mostly.. but the lift cover is a decent chunk of cast iron. I had a 12v winch rigged up as an overhead hoist.. and I did bumfoozle the wife into running the control for the winch while I guided the lift cover back onto the tractor.. helped out a bunch..

soundguy