Keeping hoses off ground

/ Keeping hoses off ground #21  
We sell the Hose Tamer on our website: Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Hydraulics>>

Thanks Ken! Yeah, $40 ain't steep t'all for something this nice.

TAMEit_Hero.jpg

/ Keeping hoses off ground #22  
Not specifically mentioned here I think is cases where a hose must move significantly with the bucket. I have found success by choosing them long and doing a loose wrap around the bottom torque tube to allow for the extra needed in curl/dump.

/ Keeping hoses off ground #23  
I use the black "tarp" strap. I found a spot on my grapple for the S hook and used a large tie wrap to connect the other end to hoses. It lasts about 3 years. Either the tie wrap breaks or the strap breaks.

I have considered getting a clamp to replace the tie wrap and a spring to replace the tarp strap.

/ Keeping hoses off ground #24  
I’ve made my own with a spring from Ace hardware, dual hose clamps from the local hydraulic supply house, an electrical conduit pipe, a ring collar with set screw and a little welding to put this together. It sits in the spring holder loosely and doesn’t fall out unless it gets snagged so I consider that a plus. I built two, both stay on my grapple and the tree puller that I built.

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

Hose management for SSQA attachment w/ hydraulics. - YouTube

Video of a similar one on the grapple in operation...

ANBO grapple - hose setup - YouTube

/ Keeping hoses off ground #25  
I have used a bungee cord on the grapple on my Mahindra for years with no problems. I recently got a grapple for my Kubota and have yet to figure out the perfect way to attach the hose with a bungee but will eventually find the right setup.

/ Keeping hoses off ground #26  
Ive seen in the past a metal spring deal with two eyelets on the ends for securing things that required a lot of stretching.

My grapple hoses are dragging/just getting in the way, I'm afraid tbey are gonna catch something.

Can someone tell me the name for that springy thing that might work.

If this was my machine Id start by putting a 90 degree bend in the bracket attached to the loader boom so the hydraulic couplers would be facing forward instead of pointing to the ground.

/ Keeping hoses off ground #27  
If this was my machine Id start by putting a 90 degree bend in the bracket attached to the loader boom so the hydraulic couplers would be facing forward instead of pointing to the ground.

Yup, that would be my first step also.

/ Keeping hoses off ground #28  
I had saw a post on here about using a bungee and figured I would do that until I got something better. Almost 60 hours later it is still there and not sure I will do anything different. My bungee was a bit longer than it needed to be and the next shorter I could find was to short so I just tied a couple of knots in it. Has been working well for me.

grapple-hose-bungee.jpg

/ Keeping hoses off ground #29  
I just found a big ugly spring to use on my fork carrier to keep the hoses from getting crushed.

DSC04055.JPG DSC04055B.jpg

The hoses do drag on the bottom though, protected by loom.

I also made my AUX couplers of a breakaway design. Pipe nipples to the couplers held in a steel block. Worst case, the nipples get kinked and they are easly and quickly replaced.

Last edited: