Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it?

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it?
Yah after looking around I can certainly tell his hooks look superior compared to others. And I never mind helping out a good honest person.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #12  
Now ken has clevis hooks too. I got to get some for myself. I could make them myself, but he seems to have a good product.
david

What do you mean by clevis hooks? Is he making a mount to pin on a clevis hook?

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #13  
What do you mean by clevis hooks? Is he making a mount to pin on a clevis hook?

Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks

Shackle%20Mount-1%20%28Large%29%20a.jpg

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #14  
I welded some on a Kubota yesterday. However, the ones on my CCY EX3200 are bolt-on. I got them from NAPA. It's NAPA P/# BK 7551681. The current cost on-line is $18.49 each for our zip code. They use two bolts each. I think the bolts were 1/2" and I don't remember if the bolts were included or not.

I put a piece of 1/4" x 4" flat the full length of the bucket (inside the top of the bucket) and mounted 3 hooks, drilling through the bucket and backing plate.

I'm not trying to take away from Ken. I've learned a lot from his posts and I would expect anything from him would be top notch. But there are options if you can't go with Ken for some reason.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #15  
I bought a set of three hooks from Ken around 4 months ago. I have a Kubota L4400-72" loader- and the installation was easy. They are well made and are definitely an asset in the operation of the FEL in regards to many tasks. I have never met Ken personally, but my conversations and dealings with him were very professional. I would highly recommend these hooks and his products. :thumbsup: BTW, the hooks are coated with primer, thus allowing you to paint them in any color of your choice.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #16  
I bought a set of three hooks from Ken around 4 months ago. I have a Kubota L4400-72" loader- and the installation was easy. They are well made and are definitely an asset in the operation of the FEL in regards to many tasks. I have never met Ken personally, but my conversations and dealings with him were very professional. I would highly recommend these hooks and his products. :thumbsup: BTW, the hooks are coated with primer, thus allowing you to paint them in any color of your choice.
I would also like to add this. Shipping by UPS is included in the price - no additional shipping costs. My set of three hooks arrived in three days and detailed installation instructions were provided in the package. Best wishes in whatever choice you decide. As others will probably attest to, once you install a set of hooks, you will wonder why you didn't get a set sooner.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #17  
   / Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #18  
On the Kubota, I added two such clevis blocks between the hooks. The blocks allow the use of clevis's when using straps. The hooks are used when lifting with chain.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #19  
Not trying to be smart here but how would you use a clevis hook on a bucket? Seems like looping a chain thru it would stress the chain with such a tight radius.

HUH?

Ken's hooks are top shelf.

/ Kens Bucket hooks Price worth it? #20  

The wire diameter that clevis hook was forged from looks to be 5/8" or so. That is a pretty tight contour if you looped a chain thru the clevis hook and attached the chain's grab hook back on the chain. At least one chain link would be in bending.

I can see how it would work with a strap.