Kerosene vs. ??

/ Kerosene vs. ?? #11  
Why is it tax free, you're not using home heating oil are you?

Diesel that runs trucks on highways gets taxed. Farmers can buy non-taxed diesel because they use it on the farm, therefore not putting wear and tear on the highway. Red dye is added to this off-road diesel. If they catch you running it in an on-road diesel vehicle/truck, it's a prosecutable offense. Most ag areas have a fuel company that can deliver off-road diesel to you. A lot of places that handle home heating fuel oil deliveries carry it too.

On an off topic note, yesterday was the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. The five monster F-1 engines on the first stage of the Saturn V rocket burned kersone and liquid oxygen. Most liquid fuel rocket engines today burn liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen. Those F-1 babies put out 1.5 million lb. of thrust each of raw power: 7.5 million total thrust. Our scout troop parked the bus on the highway shoulder and camped in the grass 7 miles away for the Apollo 11 launch, and I was picked to represent our district at the Apollo 13 launch, sitting in the VIP stands 3 miles away. The whole earth shook like an earthquake and the roar felt like the atmosphere was getting ripped apart. Feeling the power of those engines was an absolute rush!

/ Kerosene vs. ?? #12  
^thanks for the background on the moon launch...great story.

just say'en...I've reused filters before by cleaning them out with a progression of gasoline baths and letting them air dry.

/ Kerosene vs. ?? #13  
Why is it tax free, you're not using home heating oil are you?
Because I don't use it on the road so there is no highway tax on it .
Anything used in tractors farm equip construction machenry heating homes and the like is exempt from high way tax as long as not consumed on the road.