Key Stop Fuse?

/ Key Stop Fuse? #11  
Ok, now I’m even more confused. After putting the fuse in and removing it, the behavior has changed.

Let me explain:
- when I opened the fuse panel this morning the spot for the 15amp key stop fuse was empty. So it had been empty for the few weeks that I’ve owned the tractor and I’ve started and obviously stopped it a dozen times.

Today, I inserted a 15amp fuse in that blank and tested it and as I said in my opening post, staring and shutting down worked fine and actually no different the without the fuse. Just the solenoid click sound can be heard when the fuse was used.

Later today, I removed the fuse and started the tractor... HOWEVER NOW... the tractor engine will not shut off when I turn off the key. I had to insert the fuse while it was running to be able to shut it off.

So... clearly the previous owner had done something to rig this, but I’m even more perplexed now assuming that my inserting this fuse has ‘undone’ whatever was rigged... ??
I am thinking the shut off solenoid was sticking, and putting the fuse in corrected it. I have a feeling it's a lot more involved though, like a timer or relay or both in that circuit..

/ Key Stop Fuse? #12  
I recently bought a used L4310. I noticed there was a missing 15amp fuse labeled 適EY STOP? The tractor seems fine with or without it. The difference is that WITH the fuse, I hear an audible click whenever I cycle the key.

Can anyone explain what this is for? I tried searching and found previous threads where people talk about blowing these fuses, but nothing that explains my circumstance. My tractor starts and stops with or without it. Like I said, the only difference is the solenoid sounding 祖lick with the fuse present. I知 wondering if the reason it was out was related to a problem the previous owner had and maybe he did something to bypass it or similar? Just trying to understand. Thanks guys.

Look over these pages from the WSM. Clearly someone altered the engine stop system.

When you turn the key to STOP, a timer kicks in and powers the engine stop solenoid for about 10 seconds to bring the engine to a halt.

Dave M7040

Attachments

• Forum L4310 stop.pdf
    19.9 KB · Views: 61