Kids gas powered off road go kart?

/ Kids gas powered off road go kart? #1  

jjeff

Elite Member
Tractor
kubota l2850, kubota l4150
Hi questions on Chinese off road go karts for a 6 yr old.
So a family member got into my daughter's head how great a kids atv or go kart would be to use around are 15 acres. So wife and I are looking at them. Definitely not getting a brand name one $$$ most seem
rebranded anyway. My 6 yr old has been riding the other kids hand me down power wheels since she was 2, she can operate motorized stuff pretty safely and proficiently currently drives our collection of adult 4 wheelers with me supervising operation, I'm sitting on back ready to intervene and help her. Anyways curious if anyone has purchased something like this for there kid or grandkids? If so what brand and online company did you use? Initial research has got me interested in a 2 seat off road go kart type with roll cage, seat belts, reverse (she's been very capable of using reverse safely with no trailer lol) , electric and pull start with around 150cc. Speed around 15 mph with or without throttle limiting set screws. In sight and experience is greatly appreciated. Not to apprehensive of mechanical repairs or even having to weld on these things.

/ Kids gas powered off road go kart? #2  
Years ago, my daughter was driving a gas go cart around and around our house until she somehow ran into the tire on my car knocking one of her baby teeth out. Thank God it wasn't worse. We sold the go cart after that. It didn't have any seat belts, etc. Seems like these things are fun right up until something goes wrong.

/ Kids gas powered off road go kart?
Years ago, my daughter was driving a gas go cart around and around our house until she somehow ran into the tire on my car knocking one of her baby teeth out. Thank God it wasn't worse. We sold the go cart after that. It didn't have any seat belts, etc. Seems like these things are fun right up until something goes wrong.
Definitely appreciate your experience with one, my wanting to get her a gas go kart over a 50-150cc 4 wheeler is the fact the off road oriented go karts have a roll cage and most have a 4-5 point safety harness. She seems to be well versed in the safety of things like this more than I ever remember being at a young age, fortunately, and I'm sure like all parents there kids safety is paramount. She's definitely to young to be riding adult sized 4 wheelers imo. Roll cage, restraint devices or not, use of her helmet is mandatory if I do get this.

Attachments

• KIMG2627.JPG
    KIMG2627.JPG
    822.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
You can check out the selection at Tractor Supply and see if anything strikes your fancy. Don't forget to read the reviews on any model you may select. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/side by side utv?
Yeah, looked at a Coleman brand go kart at TSC recently definitely not for a 6 yr old. Search continues meanwhile I'll continue getting shuttled around my property riding on back of adult 4-wheeler. She could drive that thing for hrs going back and forth, I can not lol.

Interested something like a trail master brand xrx mini 160cc full roll cage 4 or 5 point harness, adjustable throttle limiter, 12-15 mph top speed preferably with reverse and e-start. Easy to transport, preferably on a receiver rack. Yeah she is spoiled. But does help quite a bit on the hobby farm especially for a 5-6 yr old.

So put buying my 2 post lift on hold, instead got my 6 yr old a trailmaster pink xrx+r go kart. 7 HP approx, 5 point harness, full roll cage, adjustable seat and throttle limiter. Will be giving it to her in 2 weeks on her b-day. My 2 older step kids got cell phones recently, which I was not for. I figured she needed something nicer especially after she saw kids her age and younger riding gas powered mini 4 wheelers on there own. She's out grown her power wheels, All shes talked about for a month, what can I say she's daddys girl and knows it. Any questions on this product let me know.

Attachments

• KIMG2636.JPG
    KIMG2636.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 24957.jpeg
    24957.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25