Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership?

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #211  
How to put this.

If I were one of the huge modern farmers, like the one our family farm is leased to, I would not dream of letting family or pride enter into where I purchased my equipment. The dealer with the best price and service thumps all else. Too much money is at stake to be that petty. With the amount of purchasing they do service is even secondary as they tend to do most of that in house.

There is no comparison to guys buying estate tractors or the hobby farmer.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #212  
I never mentioned the Dealer by name or location...

It could have very well been an isolated occurrence as it was the only time I was there with kids... In fact, I have never been there and noticed kids at any time.

I posted because I wanted to know if this is a common policy others have encountered because it was a first time I did.

My neice was 8 and nephew soon to be 12.

Here is an example way off topic.

A retired contractor friend sold his business and always said the day he retired he was going to buy a sporty convertible... He went to the local Porsche Dealer and was told company policy does not permit test drives and he commented to his wife they must think I'm stupid to buy a car for this kind of money without a test drive.

About a block away they stopped at the Mercedes Dealer and his wife liked the Red SL on the showroom floor... salesman introduced himself and asked if they had driven the new SL which they had not.

Anyway, they shuffle the cars and take the showroom model for a test drive and the salesman said why not take it home or stop for lunch...

Friend wrote a check for the car that afternoon and the reason is because of how well they were treated... The next day they found a box with a thankyou note and two new SL caps at their front door.

The salesman also put his home phone number and home address saying to please call if anything came up... Later, I heard he was the top Mercedes Salesman in the region and it's no wonder why.

Your example has nothing to do with children at dealerships, its about a salesman who takes care of his customers and is rewarded for good service. Cut your kids loose in that same Mercedes dealership crawling in and around the cars and see what kind of attention you garner. You can spend more money on a tractor than a Mercedes.

For some reason people feel that dealers should "put up" with the lack of respect for their equipment because you may be a potential customer. That is what you are alluding to in your example.

I don't know the dealer you were talking about either but I'm sure that whom ever is in charge didn't tell that women while they were away to make sure and be rude to any customers that might show up, ESPECIALLY if they had kids. Broom those people right away!

Now, if you feel comfortable showing up at a dealership with family and or friends and trying out the seats without permission or an introduction, that's your choice. But I would list this under ways not to teach your niece and nephew how to conduct themselves.

I'll bet if you had went to the "office" and introduced yourself and told her what you wanted to do you would have had a whole different outcome. And MAYBE asked that mean old women if it would be OK for the kids to sit on a tractor or two. This would have been a good time to train the kids about respecting other people's property and the inherent dangers of equipment.

Maybe next time.....

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #213  
I'll bet if you had went to the "office" and introduced yourself and told her what you wanted to do you would have had a whole different outcome. And MAYBE asked that mean old women if it would be OK for the kids to sit on a tractor or two. This would have been a good time to train the kids about respecting other people's property and the inherent dangers of equipment.

Maybe next time.....

Now this is spot on about life in general. :thumbsup:

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership?
Your example has nothing to do with children at dealerships, its about a salesman who takes care of his customers and is rewarded for good service. Cut your kids loose in that same Mercedes dealership crawling in and around the cars and see what kind of attention you garner. You can spend more money on a tractor than a Mercedes.

For some reason people feel that dealers should "put up" with the lack of respect for their equipment because you may be a potential customer. That is what you are alluding to in your example.

I don't know the dealer you were talking about either but I'm sure that whom ever is in charge didn't tell that women while they were away to make sure and be rude to any customers that might show up, ESPECIALLY if they had kids. Broom those people right away!

Now, if you feel comfortable showing up at a dealership with family and or friends and trying out the seats without permission or an introduction, that's your choice. But I would list this under ways not to teach your niece and nephew how to conduct themselves.

Maybe next time.....

Like I said... we drove up and parked in the customer area... there was a B26 on the line and I went over and pointed it out... my brother, sister in law and nephew and niece followed... we then walked to the L39.

While we were looking at the L39 a woman comes out and says we need to have a salesman with us and they don't allow kids because it is dangerous and I reply I would like to get pricing... she said the salesman is out and he should be back in about 90 minutes...

I then ask if XXXX is in... she said no, he retired and his kids now run the business...

My sister-in-law said time to go... we don't have time to wait... my nephew said Mom, why can't we wait... sister-in-law said didn't you hear the lady... it's not safe for kids to be here...

No one was climbing, sitting or kicking up dust... I did sit on the seat of the L39... so I alone am guilty of that...

It could be all my perception equating auto/truck sales with the tractor business... anyone knows if anything... the last thing someone selling cars and trucks want is for a potential customer to leave...

The reality is much of the growth of the tractor business is hobby and estate tractor buyers...

Again... my CAT dealer with almost no hobby or estate buyers couldn't have been nicer to my niece... go figure...

Forgot to mention... I did call the Dealer today to ask if kids are welcome.

Never did get an answer because all options including the operator went to voice mail.

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #216  
   / Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #217  
Forgot to mention... I did call the Dealer today to ask if kids are welcome.

Never did get an answer because all options including the operator went to voice mail.

You were just stressed about the re-fi and took things the wrong way on your first visit. Now that everything is copacetic, give it another shot. :D (I almost took a Psychology class once.)

You were just stressed about the re-fi and took things the wrong way on your first visit. Now that everything is copacetic, give it another shot. :D (I almost took a Psychology class once.)

Good guess... actually it was November when we visited the Dealer.

By the way... loan funded today and got an e-mail to be sure and complete the survey of my experience...

/ Kids not allowed at Tractor Dealership? #219  
:cool2::cool2::cool2:

Congrats.