Kills when get off

/ Kills when get off #1  

farmerjon

Tractor
CT445
New to the site so I posted in the wrong place i think.:( I have a 445 and it kills when i get off even when I set the parking brake. Any help would be great.

/ Kills when get off #2  
Welcome Jon,

Ten to one it's a safety switch, I'd start at that parking brake switch.

Does it 'show' that the brake is set on the dash ?

/ Kills when get off #3  
Welcome Jon,

Ten to one it's a safety switch, I'd start at that parking brake switch.

Does it 'show' that the brake is set on the dash ?

I'm almost certain the 445 is the same as the 335 when it comes to Safety Interlock System. Four things have to happen before the tractor can start
1- must be in the seat
2- brake must be set
3- PTO must be OFF
4- must be in neutral

if the tractor is already running and you want to get off the tractor and leave it running, three things have to happen
1- brake must be set
2- mid-PTO must be OFF
3- must be in neutral

I do not have a mid-PTO on mine so I can't say for sure but that is what the manual says. If those things are met and the tractor still shuts off, I'd surely contact the dealer, it a saftey thing.

Steve

/ Kills when get off
Just went out and tryed the parking brake and the light on the dash comes on but it still killed then I stand up.

/ Kills when get off
Just went out and tryed it again with the tractor in neutral and it DID NOT kill!! Thanks for the replay.. Even started the PTO after I got of the tractor and it keep running also. Can't wait to find more jobs to use it more. Thanks again!!

/ Kills when get off #6  
interesting as I can get off of mine without the brake set and without it being in neutral