KinCutterII

/ KinCutterII #1  

dtsdryseats

Tractor
Mahindra 2615
I am looking to buy a tiller, most likely a KingKutterII for my 26HP tractor. I am just not sure which one to get, the 4' or the 5'? My tractor is just under
5' wide, and the 4' tiller claims 20-35HP to run and the 5' claims 25-40HP to run. Does anyone out there have either one of these behind a 26HP tractor and if so, how does it work? So far my box, rake and brush hog are all 5', but this is a little different story. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ KinCutterII #2  
I have a 57" on my TC29D which is about 24 hp at the PTO. It handles it just fine. My neighbor has a John Deere that the PTO is about 18HP and he uses mine with no problems Get one large enough to cover your tracks.

murph

/ KinCutterII #3  
You may be able to find a 52" or 54" tiller if you are concerned about the power factor... The are available but not as popular I guess. I have used a 52" for the last 2 years on my 60" wide tractor and the amount of missed tillage from tire tracks is minimal, But if and when I buy one it will be a 60":rolleyes:

/ KinCutterII #4  
At first I thought you had a family member you couldn't stand any longer.

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. :eek:

/ KinCutterII
I figured someone would catch that one eventually. I couldn't figure how to edit the title :mad: It's all good, I'm glad to see a sense of humor out there these days.

/ KinCutterII #6  
I just bought a 60" KKII for my JD 850 which has a little less PTO hp than your tractor, and it handles it very well. I would almost consider the 72" in the future. I think there is some engineering "fudge factor" in their HP ratings.

/ KinCutterII
This is a great site for sure. Thanks to all that replied with their experiences. I ended up getting the 5' KKII from TSC here in Howell Michigan for $1195 supposedly on sale. It was definately fun trying to get it out of the truck with the loader and not denting either one :)
I was not at all sure of myself on which one (4 or 5'er) until posting on this site.
Thanks again to all!

/ KinCutterII #9  
Not a bad price, I paid $1250 for the same thing 2 years ago at a TSC in Monroe MI. I run it with 24.5 PTO hp behind a TC-30. you will like that tiller.