King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers

/ King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers #91  
I am new to the forum and I am looking for a tiller; I found this video on you tube while looking for tillers:Hawkline Tiller Test.mp4 - YouTube

Looks like it is a Hawkline by Behlen Country. Looks like it is pretty tough! Where can you get these?

All looks fine and dandy on the dirt, but I don't see any shots of the machine teeth, gearbox etc.. Don't matter who makes it, this one took a beating and how much longer will it run after that. One year or a hundred? Very poor video as far as I'm concerned. I'de look for long time perfomance results at a moderate price. How they are put together, and far more, the manufactures reputation of warranty and avaliability of parts. Will they still be in bussiness?

/ King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers #92  
and far more, the manufactures reputation of warranty and avaliability of parts. Will they still be in bussiness?

I checked on the dealer locator and I have 24 dealers within 100 miles of me. Below is a little about Hawkline by Behlen Country. Ken Sweet

"About Behlen Country

Behlen Country, a business unit of Behlen Mfg. Co., has a product line that consists of gates, corral panels, steel and poly stock tanks, 3-point and landowner equipment, a complete line of cattle management and horse equipment, and dog kennels. Behlen Country sells products at over 4,500 farm stores, co-ops, home centers, and distributors. Behlen Country product arrives on BMCT (Behlen Mfg. Co. Transportation) trucks direct to the retail location. Visit www.behlencountry.com for more information.

Behlen Mfg. Co. is a locally owned company established in 1936. The 850,000 sq. ft. world headquarters and manufacturing facility of Behlen is located in Columbus, Nebraska. Additional U.S. locations include: Baker City, Oregon; Huntingdon, Tennessee; and Omaha, Nebraska.

Behlen employs more than 900 Partners in Progress (employees) and this year we are celebrating our 75th year in business.

To learn more about Behlen, visit: Behlen Mfg. Co. - Home Page

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Behlen 75th Anniversary Celebration

Come join us in Columbus on August 17th in the afternoon to celebrate Behlen's Diamond Anniversary!"

/ King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers #93  
I only buy at TSC out of desperation. I'd like to support local stores but when the managers can't keep them stocked with commonly used stuff and you waste a trip looking for the stuff it gets pretty hard to take.

TSC, get a clue, what goes off the shelves fast SELLS and you need to keep more of it in stock.

And bless their hearts, TSC people apparently get no or very little training about products they sell.

Years ago I wanted to own a TSC and I called them ... no franchises. All company stores at that time and still from what I can tell.

/ King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers #94  
TSC does it to themselves. They had a sign up saying they were hiring certified welders to work at one of their local stores. I was looking for some side work so I applied and the manager called me and offered me a job at Min wage and 10 to 12 hours a week. I'm not looking to get rich but in that case I couldn't afford to leave a $12 hour part time job for that. Everytime I go to TSC I feel I'm on my own and especially on farm implements.