King kutter vs ironcraft

/ King kutter vs ironcraft #1  

dirt clod

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3300, m5700, case 580se
Looking at getting a 7 foot tiller. Can get the ironcraft for 3600 or the kingkutter for 4000.
How does these two compare in durability and quality?

/ King kutter vs ironcraft #2  
Looking at getting a 7 foot tiller. Can get the ironcraft for 3600 or the kingkutter for 4000.
May want to consider our Tar River for 3195 with free business shipping within 1000 miles.

/ King kutter vs ironcraft #3  
For what it is worth, Ironcraft is available at many tractor dealers of all types across the country. I got their 4k forks.

Kingkutter is more of a store brand that is made by someone else.

Not 100% sure if Ironcraft makes their own tiller, but i know they make most if their products (if not all).

/ King kutter vs ironcraft #4  
Bump.

I looking for the same info, but on a bigger one.

/ King kutter vs ironcraft #6  
Ironcraft and Tar River make bigger ones for. I don't think King Kutter gets bigger than 7'.

It's the quality v price situation. Ironcraft is about 300lbs lighter than the same sized woods or that everything tractors branded one.

Edit: I may have conflated the weights. I just recently saw a 90" that was 900lbs and though that sounded very light.

Last edited:
   / King kutter vs ironcraft #8  
It's the quality v price situation. Ironcraft is about 300lbs lighter than the same sized woods or that everything tractors branded one.
Not sure what your looking at. Woods biggest one is only 6xx pounds. 72".

EA makes an 84" at 11xx lbs.

The Ironcraft 90" is 16xx lbs and is the only one of these 3 that is rated for your 90+ HP beast.

Tar River makes a wider range of sizes and has a few that are much bigger than any of the above. Their 86" is 16xx lbs, the 95" is 17xx lbs. The biggest is 121" and 21xx lbs.

Pricing is another issue. Woods tends to be overpriced imho.

/ King kutter vs ironcraft #9  
I have an IronCraft 72” tiller… I have about 15 hours tilling virgin clay loam. It has performed admirably. No issues. It is built very heavy.