kioti 2610

/ kioti 2610 #1  

plumbstraight

Silver Member
Tractor
5300 John deere,53 harry ferguson, ck20 kioti, 135 ferguson, 350jd dozer, k40 kubota excavator
Just hoping I might get some information on the Kioti 2610. I was hoping to get a gear tractor, but the HST is available now. Any complaints about power. My ex kept the smaller ck10 and it is HST. I was disappointed with the power as it would not spin the tires in low range when pushing hard. Other than that it is a decent rig for around the house.

/ kioti 2610 #2  
JI was disappointed with the power as it would not spin the tires in low range when pushing hard. Other than that it is a decent rig for around the house.

When you spin the tires you're not doing work!

The second sentence says a lot. Smaller tractors are usually used in tighter spaces and are generally whipped around quite a bit; operating like this is where an HST shines. If you're really in need of max PTO power or are looking to do raw dirt work, plowing and such, then non-HST is more efficient.

Unless you can state what your intended uses are going to be no one can accurately GUESS whether a machine is going to meet your non-specified needs.

/ kioti 2610 #3  
HST are different than gear tractors.

gear / manual transmissions = if you put to much of a load via high gearing you stall and kill engine. pretty simple.
on HST / hydrualic transmissions = there is an interneral pressure relief valve. so instead of stalling and killing engine. the pressure relief valve opens up. removing power.

with HST, you need to drop it to low range and work your way up till you find and have experience of both power / torque and speed / MPH of unit.
with HST, low range, peddle down just a little bit = most power/torque and slowest speed / MPH
with HST, low range, peddle down all the way = less power/torque and more speed / MPH
with HST, highest range, peddle down all the way = least amount of power/torque and highest speed / MPH

other words...
if you have say mid range on gear shiftier and you have peddle down all the way and barely moving along. let up on the peddle. and see if you begin going faster. if you still are not going faster. drop down to next range. and try the peddle and see what gets you max speed / MPH

tractors spinning wheels = not a hot rod spinning tires on pavement and dirt. you do not want to spin your tires. you want as much possible traction as you can get.

==========
above is general blah blah. but from own personal experience should apply to HST transmissions.

it would be nice if there was a "DUM DUM light" that came on letting operator know the pressure relief valve opened up on the HST transmission giving operators some sort of notice that they might need to drop down to a lower range / ease up on the peddle some to get better power/speed overall.

/ kioti 2610 #4  
That's a nice list!

A similar, but not quite the same function, is the "anti stall" feature on my NX. If the engine rpms start to drop too quickly then fluid output to the trans is reduced, taking load off the engine (which is probably busier handling other hydraulic functions, like the loader).

/ kioti 2610
Thanks for the input. I totally get the HST system as I have had them on dozers and other equipment I have ran. This unit I pulled the plug on today is for my sister and No 1 lady. I know it is a lot more than most would get for a lawn mower, but basically that is what it will be doing. I did pick it up with a loader and flail mower. When I initially asked about it I was just wondering if any users of this unit had any issues. I have owned several different tractors in the past. I am sure with the gentle use on level ground with a couple ladies, this unit will do the job. Thanks for the input.

/ kioti 2610 #6  
If you get time be sure to report back here on how it's working for her. I know that when I've stopped by my Kioti dealer's I look at these tractors and think that if my B7800 ever needed to be retired that a CK would likely replace it; I think they're nice small tractors!

/ kioti 2610
The 2610 will be here this afternoon. I equipped it with remote hydraulic for the rear, a loader and a flail mower as that is what it will used for mostly. I had my gal have a seat on it before the buy. She is 4 11 and wanted to make sure she could reach all the controls with comfort Lucky to have a nice sunny day to give it a tryout. The one thing over all the other tractors that I looked at is that it has a better stance as it is wider. As these smaller tractors do not have adjustable wheels, to me this is important.

/ kioti 2610 #8  
Sounds like you really did your homework! My wife's a scant 5', I know how difficult it is to fit something to someone that's diminutive! (she has to sit up on the edge of the riding mower's seat! also is a bit of a stretch with our Polaris Brutus, though it having an HST and treadle pedal makes it viable).