Kioti CK 30 HST runaway throttle and wouldnt shut off.

/ Kioti CK 30 HST runaway throttle and wouldnt shut off. #1  

knibloe

Tractor
kioti ck30
I have a Kioti CK 30 HST. Yesterday while mowing, the engine went crazy. I tried to shut throttle it down. I turned the key off. Finally, had to shut the fuel off. I have talked to both local dealers (1 hour either direction) and they say I have to tow it in and they will look at it in 2-3 weeks. I really need it now for some planting or I won't have a business come fall. Don't honestly remember how old it its. I bought it used in 2009. Has about 1100 hours on it. It was running on winter blend if that makes a difference.

Anythig I can check myself before I have it taken to a dealership?

/ Kioti CK 30 HST runaway throttle and wouldnt shut off.
Pulled the fuel shut off solenoid and put power to it. It does not appear to be working.

/ Kioti CK 30 HST runaway throttle and wouldnt shut off. #3  
fuel shutoff will kill fuel to the engine
wont
cause the engine to go runaway crazy

/ Kioti CK 30 HST runaway throttle and wouldnt shut off. #4  
all the throttle does is tell the pump to add more or less fuel.
if the engine is runaway its getting additional fuel from the pump.

there is a company on here that rebuilds pumps. you might call them to verify whats going on.

/ Kioti CK 30 HST runaway throttle and wouldnt shut off. #5  
Maybe a stick or something got jammed into the cable/mechanism and pushed it to full throttle.

No stick. It was way tooamped up. Found a Kioti thread that outlines fuel pump problems with this brand and year. Sounds like the injector pump is stuck open.

Where do I find the name of the company that rebuilds the pumps?

/ Kioti CK 30 HST runaway throttle and wouldnt shut off. #7  
   / Kioti CK 30 HST runaway throttle and wouldnt shut off. #8  
Search for the " thepumpguysc"

Big thanks to the pump guy for the rebuild and fast turn around. I had hoped to get a local repair guy to help me put everything back together. He hasnt called back. I'm not a mechanic, but is there any reason I can't put this back together myself?