Kioti CK10SE HST Right Hand brake pedal

/ Kioti CK10SE HST Right Hand brake pedal #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
I got my Kioti CK3510SE HST about a year ago. The only thing I did not like about it was that the brake pedal was on the right side. The hydro pedals are also on the right side.
The only flat spots on our property are the floors inside buildings, so brakes get used a lot. I used John Deere HST compact tractors for about 20 years. The John Deere HST tractors had brake pedals on the left side.
After fighting the right side brake pedal for a while, I decided to come up with a way to put a let side brake pedal on the CK3510SE. After doing some investing behind the dash & looking through the parts manual, I found that it would be a simple project.

The CK10SE models also come in gear drive models, so they have a clutch pedal. The shaft holds the brake pedal & controls the left & right brakes, also holds the clutch pedal on the gear drive models. All I had to do was get a clutch pedal & a 5/16" roll pin. Those cost about $120 including tax & shipping. Remove the dash cover, remove the shaft & other hardware, remove a welded on stop ring from the shaft. Then attach the clutch pedal to the shaft by drilling a 5/16 hole through the clutch pedal & shaft & driving in the roll pin. This is how the brake pedal is attached. Then reassemble everything.

It works great & I now feel much safer using the tractor on our property.

Attachments

• 20200222_134301.jpg
    20200222_134301.jpg
    778.3 KB · Views: 715
  • 20200222_130435.jpg
    20200222_130435.jpg
    691.9 KB · Views: 678
  • 20200222_093249.jpg
    20200222_093249.jpg
    677.6 KB · Views: 743
  • 20200222_084251.jpg
    20200222_084251.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 674
   / Kioti CK10SE HST Right Hand brake pedal #2  
Well done. Looks like it came out of the factory like that.

/ Kioti CK10SE HST Right Hand brake pedal #3  

Are you going to remove the original brake pedal or leave it.

Oh... Nice saw setup..

Rancho
CK20 HST

/ Kioti CK10SE HST Right Hand brake pedal #4  
Chevy, very clever!

/ Kioti CK10SE HST Right Hand brake pedal #5  
Very nice! Great job!

/ Kioti CK10SE HST Right Hand brake pedal #6  
Nice job!

/ Kioti CK10SE HST Right Hand brake pedal #7  
Very nice! I'd very much like to do this to mine too. BTW, is that OSB on your shop floor? Is it over a slab?

/ Kioti CK10SE HST Right Hand brake pedal
Very nice! I'd very much like to do this to mine too. BTW, is that OSB on your shop floor? Is it over a slab?

Thanks everyone.

Stan, let me know if you need more information.

Yes it is OSB. It is over a crawlspace.

/ Kioti CK10SE HST Right Hand brake pedal #9  
I got my Kioti CK3510SE HST about a year ago. The only thing I did not like about it was that the brake pedal was on the right side. The hydro pedals are also on the right side.
The only flat spots on our property are the floors inside buildings, so brakes get used a lot. I used John Deere HST compact tractors for about 20 years. The John Deere HST tractors had brake pedals on the left side.
After fighting the right side brake pedal for a while, I decided to come up with a way to put a let side brake pedal on the CK3510SE. After doing some investing behind the dash & looking through the parts manual, I found that it would be a simple project.

The CK10SE models also come in gear drive models, so they have a clutch pedal. The shaft holds the brake pedal & controls the left & right brakes, also holds the clutch pedal on the gear drive models. All I had to do was get a clutch pedal & a 5/16" roll pin. Those cost about $120 including tax & shipping. Remove the dash cover, remove the shaft & other hardware, remove a welded on stop ring from the shaft. Then attach the clutch pedal to the shaft by drilling a 5/16 hole through the clutch pedal & shaft & driving in the roll pin. This is how the brake pedal is attached. Then reassemble everything.

Chevy, you have done exactly what I thought I need to do. I wasn稚 sure how or if it was possible, but I too am on a property with much of it at a grade. The manufacturer setup is fine for flat ground but the hills make it feel unsafe. The 3510SEHST is my first tractor and it is good to know that it can be done and won稚 cost an arm and a leg. No pun intended. Awesome job!

/ Kioti CK10SE HST Right Hand brake pedal
Today I got to put the left hand brake pedal through a workout. 70 squares of roofing, starter, cap & underlayments were delivered today.
Menards unloaded it all in the driveway. It is going to be a while before I get it installed. I broke it down into smaller batches & used the tractor to move it into the pole barn.
The brake pedal worked out great.