Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29
Thank you for all your responses! Very helpful and everyone had some great points but I think Dmace hit the nail on the head for me and made perfect sense... with that said I did go with the Kioti. I cut the deal earlier today, $8250 for CK60HST 60" deck and loader. I get the tractor Saturday and I'm very excited! Thank you again...

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #12  
Thank you for all your responses! Very helpful and everyone had some great points but I think Dmace hit the nail on the head for me and made perfect sense... with that said I did go with the Kioti. I cut the deal earlier today, $8250 for CK60HST 60" deck and loader. I get the tractor Saturday and I'm very excited! Thank you again...

Sounds like a good deal, and a good choice. Post some photos, or it isn't really real!

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #13  
I cut the deal earlier today, $8250 for CK60HST 60" deck and loader. I get the tractor Saturday and I'm very excited! Thank you again...
Congrats and Welcome to the pack!
I'm looking forward to pics and your first impression!

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #14  

Nice little tractor.

Best wishes with it's operation.

Update:

Did not buy the Kioti... had an hydraulic issue. Something in the steering, on a hard turn it would pull on the engine so hard it would kill the engine. Not sure what was wrong with it and in general the 21hp just didn't seem to have enough for a 2200lb tractor :(

search continues...

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #16  
Update:

Did not buy the Kioti... had an hydraulic issue. Something in the steering, on a hard turn it would pull on the engine so hard it would kill the engine. Not sure what was wrong with it and in general the 21hp just didn't seem to have enough for a 2200lb tractor :(

search continues...

IMO, with 5 acres....I would be looking at 24 to 35hp tractors.

Best wishes in your continued search.

IMO, with 5 acres....I would be looking at 24 to 35hp tractors.

Best wishes in your continued search.

I completely agree. Sent out a few emails to local dealers for 24hp to 35hp. I hope I'm able to find something soon :licking:

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #18  
Update:

search continues...

Sorry to hear the deal didn't work out, but you may be happy in the end. The mmm on a Kioti is an afterthought, and Kioti gave up offering them not long after they made them available. For mowing a Kubota B series, sub cut, or JD 2000 series, or the older 4110's, etc. would be much better. Don't get me wrong, the Kioti is one tough animal for digging, pulling, and other tractor chores.

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #19  
I like the TC29 for 5 acres....but get a good Zero turn for mowing.....maybe a Bad Boy 60 to 72 inch...the zero turn is so much better.....I have a 60" deck for my Deere 2305 that I no longer use as my 48" Zero turn does the work in half the time...not even a great Zero turn either, just a Deere 445 home owner grade unit....might upgrade to a Bad Boy this year

/ Kioti CK20 vs New Holland TC29 #20  
In my opinion, you're better off having the Kioti deal go south. Everyone has an opinion and it's usually based on justifying their equipment. I'm no different.

Since we built in '89 I've had a few different tractors. The most recent is perfect for our 3-1/2 acres (mostly grass with a bunch of trees, a couple sheds and a creek). It has 32HP, filled R4's, hydro, a loader that is off and on lickety split, and a 6' rear finish mower for summer / blade or blower for winter. Of course there are brush forks, rake etc for tasks.

It mows the 3-1/2 acres in 1-1/4 hours. When the creek floods, I can get mow sooner than I could with the B7500 it replaced. I guess the larger footprint negates the extra weight pretty well. It handles everything I need to do without having to strain.