kioti ck20hst features

/ kioti ck20hst features #1  

jimb1724

Silver Member
Tractor
ck20hst
i am looking to purchase a ck20hst in the next week or so... i have 5 acres mostly wooded (messed up badly by a logger 2 years ago) and a 700' gravel driveway with a pretty good grade... can the ck 20hst take a front mount snowthrower ? or plow blade (on small NH storms < 8 inches) i have been pushing snow down hill with my sear 19hp lawn tractor with blade... also, any input on using a rear blade or rake to groom the dirt driveway after mud season ? thanks for any input... i look forward to sharing ideas on this website
jim b - new hampshire

/ kioti ck20hst features #2  
There seem to be lots of us Granite Staters here on TBN. Especially when you consider that we're a small state. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SpinyMouse

/ kioti ck20hst features
i just read your post on the ck20 pricing. it sounds like we went to the same dealer.... rte 4a ? did you make a purchase or decision yet ? i've been trying to compare specs with the kubotas and keep coming back to the kioti, but this will be my first "real" tractor and i want to make an informed choice...

/ kioti ck20hst features #4  
Actually, I've been checking out tractors in Allenstown. I haven't made it up to Enfield yet, but I intend to before I make a purchase. It'll probably be several more weeks before I buy a tractor due to the demands work is placing on my time. At this point though, I've pretty well decided to go with Kioti, I just have to decide on a model and a dealer.

I may actually wait until the CK25 and CK30 make it to the dealers' lots. They look like nice machines.

SpinyMouse

/ kioti ck20hst features #5  
jimb,

My most favored set up for snow is a loader bucket on the front and a blade on the back. I also have a 3 point snow blower for large snow falls. I favor the bucket on the front to be able to pick snow up and move it as needed.

Don

/ kioti ck20hst features
SpinyMouse
dave in enfield seems to be a good guy... no pressure and straight answers... someone told me to try central nh tractor in tilton as well.... good luck in your search... i think the ck20 will do the job for me, and i haven't been able to find any negative input on the kioti machines..

jim b

/ kioti ck20hst features
Don
thanks for the info... how deep of a snowfall can the rear rake handle ? when do you switch to the thrower ? not having used a tractor before i was wondering about the rear mount snowthrower.... how does this work ? do you actually drive around backwards? sorry for the dumb questions, but i'm a novice with a lot of snow to move... do you use your rear rake to do grading as well ? thanks

jim b

/ kioti ck20hst features #8  
<font color="blue"> how deep of a snowfall can the rear rake handle ? </font>

You mean a rear "Blade". 6 to 8" Should not be a problem for the blade. I need 8"+ for the blower to really kick in and work well. I would use the blade 90% of the time for the snow we get in southeast MI.

<font color="blue">do you actually drive around backwards? </font>

Yep. The good part is you still have your Front End loader on. The 3 point snowblowers are also MUCH cheaper than the front mounts. I don't know if a front mount is available for the CK20.

<font color="blue"> do you use your rear rake to do grading as well ? </font>

I've only used a rear blade for grading. Many of the folks here at TBN use a box blade as there implement of choice for Maintaining roads.

Don

/ kioti ck20hst features #9  
I cannot help you at all about the snow blower.
Snow?--- what is that?
As far as the rock rake (as we call'em down here), The box blade will do a better job of fixing your road if you need to use the material that is already there.. The rutted, hard packed, clay, and dirt.
If however you are bringing in some new base material for the road, I prefer the rock rake. When the dump truck poors it out, you scoop it up in the F.E.L., drive down the road slowly pooring it out and leveling the material out with the rake all in one pass.
The CK 20 can easily handle a 6 foot rake with the crushed limestone base that we use down here.
The rock rake is a very versitle tool as far I am concerned. It will gather up sticks, trash, rocks, and tear up the bermuda grass a little. The Burmuda grass really likes it when you tear it up just a little. If I could only afford one or the other, I would choose the rake every time. That's assuming that you have a F.E.L.
virg

/ kioti ck20hst features
don
thanks for the help... i see what you mean about the blade and thrower while always having the fel in place... i think that will be my best bet as i always will have to move snow i.e. around the mailbox after the town truck comes through... and the i was quoted what i thought was a reasonable price of $1500 on a rear mount thrower... my current walk-behind simplicity was $1000 15 years ago... many thanks for all of your thoughts... this TBN is really a great tool ... especially for the novice...

jim