Snow kioti ck20s hst and a john deer hydraulic plow

/ kioti ck20s hst and a john deer hydraulic plow #1  

capersimon

Tractor
Kioti CK20s
Hi,
I am new to the tractor owning experience and recently picked up a 2011 kioti ck20s hst with FEL from a private seller. The tractor has been working great, and I plan to pick up a quality rear blower eventually (being in Canada everything is expensive!). I planned on making due with the FEL for this winter but after using it a few times realize for the smaller amounts of snow, a plow blade would be better.

My FEL has a quick attach bucket. I found a deal on a 66inch john deer plow model number is M01490X072640 (will post pics) but I'm not sure if it'll fit my tractor

My question is in 2 parts
1. will the quick attach john deere plow fit my quick attach FEL?

2. if it'll attach, how to I connect the hydraulics to it? It does not have it's own pump so I assume one of my hydraulic lines on my FEL will connect to it, but I'm not sure how to do that. (also, this plow is about 4 hours away from me, so I want to know before I go and get it).

Attachments

• IMG_20161217_121100.jpg
    IMG_20161217_121100.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20161217_121150.jpg
    IMG_20161217_121150.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 104
   / kioti ck20s hst and a john deer hydraulic plow #2  
The John Deere QA is proprietary to JD. You would need to make a new QA plate or buy one, modify this one and weld it on. I believe the QA plates are about $200USD.
The "right" way to do the hydraulics is to add a third function. I've read about a few folks who undo the curl and plug that into the plow. I've never tried that and honestly it doesn't seem like a real solution- maybe someone who has tried that can weigh in. If you are looking for a short term solution to plowing before a blower purchase these may do the trick-

Edge Tamer Full Video - YouTube

/ kioti ck20s hst and a john deer hydraulic plow #3  
If you can do some welding, you could modify the blade mount to look like the back of your bucket.
A third function kit, like the members use for a grapple would work as mentioned. I used one of my rear remotes and ran hose lines under the tractor to the front. Put QDs where the fel ones are and another set at the front of the fel arms.
You have a little work to do before it would be functional and some cost that may be better to save for the blower.