Kioti ck20s hst pressure in hydraulic fluid reservoir pushing fluid out dipstick tube

/ Kioti ck20s hst pressure in hydraulic fluid reservoir pushing fluid out dipstick tube #1  

tlschaeffer

Tractor
Kioti CK20S HST
Went to changeover equipment on my Kioti ck20S hst yesterday after it sat covered for a week or so. Noticed a wet spot on the gravel and chased out leakage which was the dip stick cap / tube under the seat that goes to transmission reservoir above rear axle assembly. When I removed dipstick, trans fluid pushed up and out tube. Never have encountered pressure build when I checked dip stick before; whether machine hot or cold. I tried to relieve all hydraulic pressure on tractor including FEL, hydrostatic drive, 3 point. Still positive pressure pushing fluid up to top and out of dipstick tube. After awhile it seemed to retreat to normal operating level.

Today (hot, ambient air temps and in sun) the fluid pressure was again raised and pushed out when dipstick removed without starting or running the tractor. I checked with a Kioti certified mechanic who is not practicing but runs a local auto repair service. He thought there should be one or two passive, one-way pressure relief valves mounted on rear axle and/or above transmission fluid reservoir. He implied they would be vertically mounted and that they could be removed and compressed air blown "out" (from inside) to clear dirt, mud, etc. I pulled the seat and metal plate cover underneath and I can find no obvious pressure relief valve. Guessing he may be thinking about another model Kioti. I called two dealers and so far have got the "we'll get back to you" runaround.

The last time I used the tractor, I did some maintenance including using some compressed air to blow out debris and dirt from the tractor including the rear end. I hadn't noticed any dripping of fluid before then. Not sure how I could have forced dirt into any orifice or caused this pressure build. Even if tractor is worked, fluids at operating temps, etc., shouldn't you be able to check hydraulic fluid without it being pushed out due to temperature related expansion?

Any insights or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

/ Kioti ck20s hst pressure in hydraulic fluid reservoir pushing fluid out dipstick tube #2  
Couldn't be something as simple as the vent cap plugged could it. The rubber fill plug on my tractor has a 180 degree bent pigtail with a hole in the center for venting. We have mud daubers in my area that will pack small round holes with mud and like to play havoc on the round exhaust holes in certain brands of weedeaters.

/ Kioti ck20s hst pressure in hydraulic fluid reservoir pushing fluid out dipstick tube #4  
Did OP ever figure out the issue?

/ Kioti ck20s hst pressure in hydraulic fluid reservoir pushing fluid out dipstick tube #5  
Stopped up vent.