Comparison Kioti CK2510 HST and CK2610 HST clutch question????

/ Kioti CK2510 HST and CK2610 HST clutch question???? #1  

robbiele

Tractor
John Deere 755
I am looking to buy a new tractor and was looking at JD 2025r and am now looking at Kioti. My local dealer only has the gear model Kioti but I have looked at some Kioti videos. It looks like the Kioti has a clutch even on the hydro models. I don't know of any other new models that have a clutch on hydro models, so why the clutch?

/ Kioti CK2510 HST and CK2610 HST clutch question???? #2  
The clutch is to enable you to engage and to change gear - on my CK28 HST just two of them - high and low. Once you are in the gear you can adjust your engine speed with the hand throttle. The HST pedal which, rocks back and forth, enables you to start moving in forward or reverse. I would say that the HST version is the best choice and particularly if you have the FEL where you need to be able to go back and forth easily. Forgive me if you know most of this. I have assumed you asked the question because you have not had experience of the HST option.

/ Kioti CK2510 HST and CK2610 HST clutch question????
Thank your tractorman for the response. I have a JD 755 now with hydrostatic transmision and it doesn't have a clutch and I notice that I haven't seen a clutch on any of the other brand new hydrostatic tractors. I was curious as to why Kioti has the need for the clutch as opposed to most, if not all, other brands? (seems like just an additional hassle to have a clutch), Thanks

/ Kioti CK2510 HST and CK2610 HST clutch question???? #4  
Oh, that's interesting. How do you select a gear (Hi, Low or 1, 2, 3 - or even neutral) then on the JD. Is it all electronic like on a car? On the Kioti you have to be in neutral and with the brakes on not to have the engine stop when you leave the seat.

Oh, that's interesting. How do you select a gear (Hi, Low or 1, 2, 3 - or even neutral) then on the JD. Is it all electronic like on a car? On the Kioti you have to be in neutral and with the brakes on not to have the engine stop when you leave the seat.

PTO and gear change are definitely not electronic. I don't have to push any pedals when I engage PTO but I always just push brake pedal when switching high low

/ Kioti CK2510 HST and CK2610 HST clutch question???? #6  
You are supposed to use the clutch when shifting from L-M-H and back also when engaging the PTO.

You are supposed to use the clutch when shifting from L-M-H and back also when engaging the PTO.

Yes I realize that you are supposed to use the clutch on the Kioti, but my question is why is it that Kioti seems to be the only manufacturer still using a clutch pedal with hydrostatic transmission tractors?

/ Kioti CK2510 HST and CK2610 HST clutch question???? #9  
The clutch is only there to start the tractor. It is not needed to change your range on the HST.

/ Kioti CK2510 HST and CK2610 HST clutch question???? #10  
On the Hydrostatic transmission models it is used in selecting ranges and does certainly get involved when engaging and disengaging the PTO as well. In addition it must be depressed to allow the starter to engage to start the tractor but thats just a safety switch I believe. You can indeed just set the brake and get off and on in selected range without going to neutral. The tractor will not kill. It is important to set the brake firmly though when doing so for safety reasons. But you'll depress it to change from say Medium to Low range. At least I do. Which won't be a regular thing. You'll do 75% or more of you work in Medium range. Perhaps just very seldom using high range at all. Depends on your work and your environment. Its just not used very much is all.

This is on the current CK2610 HST (and 35 and 40 models) anyway.

The Clutch is still used for some thing but not to the extent a geared model does. The Kioti manuals are greatly lacking in detail on the HST models I will have to say.