Kioti CK2510 (Hydrostatic trans) getting hard to shift into gear

/ Kioti CK2510 (Hydrostatic trans) getting hard to shift into gear #1  

Klipper

Tractor
2018 Kioti CK2510
My Kioti CK2510 (Hydrostatic trans) getting hard to shift into gear. I used to be able to shift my weight forward and use the momentum to help it slip into gear but even that isn't working as well.

Any thoughts?

/ Kioti CK2510 (Hydrostatic trans) getting hard to shift into gear #2  
My Kioti CK2510 (Hydrostatic trans) getting hard to shift into gear. I used to be able to shift my weight forward and use the momentum to help it slip into gear but even that isn't working as well.

Any thoughts?

Have you checked the shift linkage to make sure that it is free of anything that could be impeding it's function? Is the linkage lubricated? Is the hydraulic fluid at it's correct level? Just checking the obvious first.

/ Kioti CK2510 (Hydrostatic trans) getting hard to shift into gear #4  
Be sure to lube where shift shafts go into the cases too.

/ Kioti CK2510 (Hydrostatic trans) getting hard to shift into gear #5  
What ruffdog said; use a penetrating lube where the shaft enters the case. Sorry about the bold font, uncontrollable fingers

/ Kioti CK2510 (Hydrostatic trans) getting hard to shift into gear
I think that did the trick. Fluid was at the lowest mark so I filled it up and lubed all the joints, and fired it up. Much easier to shift now. Thanks.

Last edited:
   / Kioti CK2510 (Hydrostatic trans) getting hard to shift into gear #7  
I think that did the trick. Fluid was at the lowest mark so I filled it up and lubed all the joints, and fired it up. Much easier to shift now. Thanks.

Thanks for letting us know what solved it!!

/ Kioti CK2510 (Hydrostatic trans) getting hard to shift into gear #8  
Out of curiosity, how old is your tractor and how many hours are on it?

Glad you got the issue figured out though.