KIOTI CK2610 fluid advice

/ KIOTI CK2610 fluid advice #1  

ODZD

Tractor
Ck2610
Hi,

I made a post about purchasing a 2610 and we finally agreed upon a price and brought it home this past weekend. Any good recommendations for fluids?

I wanted to change all of the filters and fluids to start off on the right foot. It has about 106 hours and I wanted to give it the 50/100 hour service for peace of mind and also grease up all of the zerks.

So any advice on fluids, I’m all ears. This is my first “machine” other than my ATV so I’m new to the equipment world.

Im located in south western PA looking for recommendations for engine oil, hydraulic, trans fluid, gear oil.

/ KIOTI CK2610 fluid advice #2  
I only know about the hydraulic fluid since I haven't read the manual for my CK2620 yet.

Asked the dealer about that one and was told AW 32, which was great as I have plenty of that.

/ KIOTI CK2610 fluid advice #3  
Hi,

I made a post about purchasing a 2610 and we finally agreed upon a price and brought it home this past weekend. Any good recommendations for fluids?

I wanted to change all of the filters and fluids to start off on the right foot. It has about 106 hours and I wanted to give it the 50/100 hour service for peace of mind and also grease up all of the zerks.

So any advice on fluids, I’m all ears. This is my first “machine” other than my ATV so I’m new to the equipment world.

Im located in south western PA looking for recommendations for engine oil, hydraulic, trans fluid, gear oil.
Congratulations on your new tractor!

The book says Kioti fluid or Mobil 424 (same as Mobil Delvac) for the hydraulics and trans, but plenty have used the Universal from Tractor Supply or NAPA with no issues afaik.

For the oil, just about any CJ-4 should be good, though I'm partial to Rotella T6 full synthetic.

The filters are probably cheapest from the dealer, I know mine were. You can get a 'kit' that has all of them in there online, but be careful you get the correct one depending on HST or not and serial number range as they did switch mid year:

/ KIOTI CK2610 fluid advice #4  
I only know about the hydraulic fluid since I haven't read the manual for my CK2620 yet.

Asked the dealer about that one and was told AW 32, which was great as I have plenty of that.

I would look into that further. AW32 Is a hydraulic fluid, and not the correct fluid type for any shared transmission / hydraulic sump that I am aware of.

/ KIOTI CK2610 fluid advice #5  
So, on fluids, I went with a good conventional gear oil for front axle, I had considered synthetic, but it takes a Lot. Motor oil, shell Rotella 15W40 T4, in a 2.5 gal jug is plenty cheap, and about the standard answer. For hydralic, my plan was Mobil 424; but couldn't find it on a Sunday, and did some reading, and it's nothing special, and read on Bobtheoilguy, and ended up using the available Travellers. The hydralic filters came from Kioti deale, oil filter from Wix on Amazon, and I didn't do the fuel filters or air filter (although I cleaned the air filter).

For hydralic, I wasn't going to change at 50 hours, but when I took off the filters, I lost atleast a gal of fluid, and without know exactly what was in there, or anything about mixing different hydralic fluids, I decided to do a drain and refill. Book called for 5.8g, but I used 5.0 gal, and was at full; meaning that yes, I did end up with mixed fluids.

/ KIOTI CK2610 fluid advice #6  
My dealer suggested Shell to save some money; here is the lubricant page for the CK-10 series.

20240513_074633.jpg

/ KIOTI CK2610 fluid advice #7  
My dealer suggested Shell to save some money; here is the lubricant page for the CK-10 series.

View attachment 869852
Just a quick glance at the manual page tells me a couple of things;
One, i'm using better oil then the manual calls for it'll be T6 5w-40.
Two, the last line on hydraulic fluids calling for a synthetic blend as a minimum in winter weather.

One thing many people don't realize is that the listed fluids are all the "minimum" recommended fluids.

/ KIOTI CK2610 fluid advice #8  
Oh, to Our OP, when you drain your front axles, you Will scratch your head, it calls for 90W gear oil, why is there a clear 30W type fluid in here, and you might start second guessing if you miss read something; it comes with a light, break in fluid in the front axles; which Is intended to be replaced with the 90W gear oil.

/ KIOTI CK2610 fluid advice #9  
Here is an interesting chart to make you really scratch your head,
when you look at 30 weight motor oil compare to 85 weight gear lube.
1715611063530.jpeg

/ KIOTI CK2610 fluid advice #10  
Oh, to Our OP, when you drain your front axles, you Will scratch your head, it calls for 90W gear oil, why is there a clear 30W type fluid in here, and you might start second guessing if you miss read something; it comes with a light, break in fluid in the front axles; which Is intended to be replaced with the 90W gear oil.
Where did you get the info it's breakin oil ? It's trans hydraulic and can be replaced with trans hydraulic. Some seem to think gear oil is better I prefer the trans oil .