Kioti CK30 loader repair and reinforcement

/ Kioti CK30 loader repair and reinforcement #111  
Thanks Neil. That was what I was taught, but that was some time ago and a lot of things change with time. Now we know how one company designs their loaders at this time. It would be nice to know if any companies design in an amount of flex or in this instance which way Kioti designs their loaders.

/ Kioti CK30 loader repair and reinforcement #112  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Guy's we are for getting one factor hear! Steves loader has cracks, which I would think would cause more flex??? )</font>

Good point but did it crack because it flexed? I suspect that excessive flexing is what caused the cracking. That would be a typical way to crack metal. And now that it is cracked, I suspect it can just flex to a greater extent. Remember his 120 loader and my 12LA loader have virtually identical specs. My loader has more hours than his loader. I neither have flex nor cracks.

Don - I'm not the one who has the reputation of taking threads off topic.

)</font>

Bob,
Because in this statement you stated u had no flex? I was just wondering, because it looked like u did have flex. I just wanted to be sure.
Thanks

/ Kioti CK30 loader repair and reinforcement #113  
Glen in the post with my photo (shown again attached with this post) I posted the following statement:

So attached find a photo of my loader sitting on 2 pieces of 4" concrete landscape block. I put enough down pressure on my loader to lift the front wheels completely off the ground. (you can see the airspace under the wheel is at least 1") So while your loader is deflecting what appears to be about 3"??? with your front end "light" my front end is completely lifted off the ground and I have about 1/2" of deflection. (you can see the top of the loader is nearly parallel with my headlights) I suspect that the curved arm loaders have a bit more flex than the dogleg loader arms. However it strikes me that your loader is flexing way too much? BTW, the loader on this tractor has just about 200 hours on it.

In another post I said I had no flex, but the implication of what I tried to write was in comparision to the large amount of flex/deflection, the amount that I had was minimal. Hence, no flex. Perhaps "essentially no flex in comparision to Steve's large amount of flex" would have been a better statement.

Now I don't know what is designed into these other than what Neil Messick wrote about New Holland, and he said that he attended a class at a New Holland dealer event and that they led him to believe that they design them to be rigid. My tractor certainly confirms what Neil wrote.

However, not much should be taken from any of that.

We do not know how any of the other manufacturers design their loaders. They may design them with flex. They may make them rigid. Until another person who is knowledgable on the topic can speak up we are just able to compare what we see.

No value judgements here, just observations.

Attachments

• 856438-download.jpeg
    856438-download.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 124
   / Kioti CK30 loader repair and reinforcement #114  
Bob,

Now i'm not saying this because i think it was done on purpose.....OK? Now with that out of the way, can you move the blocks all the way over to the very edge of the loader bucket and repeat the "test" because that is where the block is on the Kioti. It's just an observation, but the downforce may have been changed due to the blocks being what appears to be 6" off from the edge of the bucket. I am curious if the twist will be the same 1" or more. I am no engineer, but excessive flex in a loader frame just has to be hard on all the parts. I think the next test should be to lip the corner of the bucket on something imovable and lift, then measure that flex......i guess we could get carried away with this /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Anyway, what all of us tractor junkies need is someone to do "real life" independant tractor testing.......Hmmm, what a great "job" for a retired guy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif!

BTW- headed to VT tomorrow, picking up a sawmill, then headed to my place in TN=SEAT TIME!

RD

/ Kioti CK30 loader repair and reinforcement #115  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( i guess we could get carried away with this )</font>
Well, now that you've seen there are two threads with much of the same stuff, I think you're late. We have gotten carried away with this, but it's kind of interesting, and it provides some respite from the same old stuff, stuff.
Have a good trip!
John