Kioti CK3520SE vs TYM (Branson) 3620H

/ Kioti CK3520SE vs TYM (Branson) 3620H
My thought would be if you're going to go up to the 20 series chassis size, 35 engine hp and 29 pto hp will likely not be enough to run the size attachments you'll be looking at in that sized frame. Also, from memory, some of the guys who bought the 3620 have said that it doesn't really have enough hp to run it down the road in it's highest range (4 speed hydro).

You've only listed a finish mower and a brush cutter as possible pto driven attachments. Anything else? Wood chipper? Tiller?

That 20 series is going to "want" a 6 foot wide attachment to cover it's larger chassis width. I do run a 6' brush cutter on 32 pto hp myself, and it'll work. But there are times that it's all my machine wants. I'm not a "speed racer" type operator when I'm mowing, as most fields I'm in are new to me and are very heavily overgrown. So I have to go at a quick walking pace due to not being able to see the ground in front of me (too thick).

For driveway work and grapple work, the hp won't really matter. It's all tractor weight and hydraulic lift (both 3 pt and FEL).

If you like the 20 series, I would look at the 4820. Same machine size and lift specs, but more pto hp to work with.

For me (different uses), if I was buying today, I would be looking very hard at a cabbed 5520 with 3rd function and at least 2 rear remotes.
I will likely rent a chipper 1-2 per year, so that’s a factor. Thanks.

/ Kioti CK3520SE vs TYM (Branson) 3620H #12  
I will likely rent a chipper 1-2 per year, so that’s a factor. Thanks.
More PTO the better for a chipper, but if it is only 1-2 times per year, then not a big deal either way.

As far as loader work, the Tym has a good thousand pounds over the Kioti. Keep in mind, Kioti specs the 1800# lift to 60” not full height, so I am sure it is a bit less to full height. I have no idea what you are wanting to lift, so this maybe no big deal either.

I’d definitely recommend you check them both out again. Preferably on the same day. Make sure the seat is way back and tilt steering is up. I have thought some models were tight only to realize the tilt steering was all the way closest to the seat.

I do like both of these models and considered both on my recent purchase, so have had some tire kicking sessions with both recently.

/ Kioti CK3520SE vs TYM (Branson) 3620H #13  
Something else to consider, are you financing or buying outright?

Kioti has 0% for 84 months right now on CK series. 0.99% for 84 months for DK series.
TYM has 0% for 60 months. TYM is 3.99% for 84 months.

That is enough to sway me to the Kioti if I'm looking for 84-month financing. Nobody wants to pay an extra $4-5k by the end of the loan.

/ Kioti CK3520SE vs TYM (Branson) 3620H #14  
More PTO the better for a chipper, but if it is only 1-2 times per year, then not a big deal either way.

As far as loader work, the Tym has a good thousand pounds over the Kioti. Keep in mind, Kioti specs the 1800# lift to 60” not full height, so I am sure it is a bit less to full height. I have no idea what you are wanting to lift, so this maybe no big deal either.

I’d definitely recommend you check them both out again. Preferably on the same day. Make sure the seat is way back and tilt steering is up. I have thought some models were tight only to realize the tilt steering was all the way closest to the seat.

I do like both of these models and considered both on my recent purchase, so have had some tire kicking sessions with both recently.

Kioti needs to really clarify this stuff. The KL4030C lists 1,969 pounds, at the pin, to full height; that's right from the Owner's Manual. Tractor Data lists the same numbers, and also lists the KL4030's numbers, which are similar, and also at full height.

/ Kioti CK3520SE vs TYM (Branson) 3620H #15  
Kioti needs to really clarify this stuff. The KL4030C lists 1,969 pounds, at the pin, to full height; that's right from the Owner's Manual. Tractor Data lists the same numbers, and also lists the KL4030's numbers, which are similar, and also at full height.

Dealer tells me the 'C' is made in Canada and the only reason it started being sold in the US was due to the Covid shortages, and will probably not be sold here anymore. Seems kinda silly to me to have a better loader and not sell it.

/ Kioti CK3520SE vs TYM (Branson) 3620H #16  

Tractor data lists the lift capacity at 1.5 meters (which is 60 inches), and Kioti’s website lists both loaders lift capacity at 60 inches.

There is some difference between the 4030 and 4030C loaders, as the C model has 11 inches of reach, instead of 27 that the regular 4030 has. This shortened reach explains the slight increase in lift capacity between the two.

This is the only loader specs like this on Kioti’s site, and I suspect they do it to make their specs look better than they actually are in lift capacity.

/ Kioti CK3520SE vs TYM (Branson) 3620H #17  
Tractor data lists the lift capacity at 1.5 meters (which is 60 inches), and Kioti’s website lists both loaders lift capacity at 60 inches.

There is some difference between the 4030 and 4030C loaders, as the C model has 11 inches of reach, instead of 27 that the regular 4030 has. This shortened reach explains the slight increase in lift capacity between the two.

This is the only loader specs like this on Kioti’s site, and I suspect they do it to make their specs look better than they actually are in lift capacity.

It is rather annoying that they've got that caveat in the marketing; I don't understand why, given the manuals with the equipment rate it at full height from the pin, something like ~95 inches.

Now the worst thing Kioti ever did was create the KL2610 loader; what a piece that was, and the numbers have haunted them since.

Dealer tells me the 'C' is made in Canada and the only reason it started being sold in the US was due to the Covid shortages, and will probably not be sold here anymore. Seems kinda silly to me to have a better loader and not sell it.

I'm under the impression that's what brought the C here, but if it's an option, I would think the dealers will keep ordering it.

/ Kioti CK3520SE vs TYM (Branson) 3620H
Something else to consider, are you financing or buying outright?

Kioti has 0% for 84 months right now on CK series. 0.99% for 84 months for DK series.
TYM has 0% for 60 months. TYM is 3.99% for 84 months.

That is enough to sway me to the Kioti if I'm looking for 84-month financing. Nobody wants to pay an extra $4-5k by the end of the loan.
Will be buying outright. Both offer small cash discounts, pretty equal.

/ Kioti CK3520SE vs TYM (Branson) 3620H #19  
The loader still out lifts most out there of the same size. I recently used it to unload pallets of shingles weighing ~960lbs (80lbs x 12) from the flat bed delivery truck, however high that was. Was definitely at max and would not lift any more than that though as we started at ~1200lbs and had to remove 3 bundles each. Add in the weight of the forks which Kioti puts at 275lbs, and its a good amount of lift for a small tractor.

/ Kioti CK3520SE vs TYM (Branson) 3620H #20  
The loader still out lifts most out there of the same size. I recently used it to unload pallets of shingles weighing ~960lbs (80lbs x 12) from the flat bed delivery truck, however high that was. Was definitely at max and would not lift any more than that though as we started at ~1200lbs and had to remove 3 bundles each. Add in the weight of the forks which Kioti puts at 275lbs, and its a good amount of lift for a small tractor.
Yes, still really good for its class. Among the best in its class size. The Tym 15 series and new LS MT2 series outlift it. But both of those have substantial subframes. ROCKHILL farm demoed a Bobcat version of the ck35 and noted that the Kioti loader outperformed the Bobcat version, which I found quite interesting.

It’s interesting regarding the 4030 vs 4030c. I think I would rather have the extra 16 inches of reach rather than the bump in lift capacity. Others would want to get every last ounce out of lift capacity. Good options.