Tractor News Kioti CS2410

/ Kioti CS2410 #31  
I can say in the heart land it is hard to find a blue dealer pushing any little blue tractor these days. They are pushing large blue tractors and large yellow combines. With high commodities they have to make hay while the sun is shining and small tractors isn't where the big margins are. Farmers are cash rich and they are spending it. Deere has a 6 month wait on large HP so the red, blue and yellow guys are putting everything they got to take some market share. Tough to get attention when buying a SCUT when you are competing with cutomers spending $500,000 or more. There are execeptions at some dealers, but the money for those dealers in middle of the country is in the big stuff. Kioti tractor line is more inline with the weekenders so it may work. I would say the main reason CNH went to LS is that is where the bean counters numbers took them. I am sure customer didn't fit into that plan. CNH main business is large AG, not SCUTs.

I can speak to that. We sold Kubota's about 10:1. Part of it was because New Holland had pricing problems with it. It was several hundred more than Kubota... and unless your Deere you can't do that. From what I've seen online so far it looks like it may be $500-600 cheaper now. It also never felt quite as polished to me, especially when it came to working the implements. It was a solid built tractor, the hood and fenders where always better than the a BX. Its hard to tell how much Daedong changed things. The seat and steering wheel look different,maybe the dash, but the engine layout and controls are the same. IMO, while I am sure they will sell.. I don't see it setting the world on fire.