Kioti CX2510?

/ Kioti CX2510? #1  

symphony

Tractor
None
I'm hoping someone that owns a CX2510 can give me some advice. I'm about to pull the trigger on a new CX2510 Cab but before doing so, I'm wondering whether these little tractors can handle steep terrain? I'll be using it to grade my driveway and maintain brush/grass growth along the sides using a flail mower. If I had to guess, I'd say my driveway at the steepest section is at a 15-20 degree slope straight up and down with no abrupt turns.

Ideally something with a lower center of gravity and more power like a skid steer would probably be a better option but it's just not in the cards as they are too expensive. The CX2510 could fulfill many tasks I need to do around the property if it could just get up and down the driveway for grading and cutting?

Any thoughts on how the CX2510 does in steep terrain?

/ Kioti CX2510? #3  
I work at a dealer.

Though we haven't sold many cab CX's, we have sold many non cabs.

As far as stability, I've heard good things from customers with steep driveways. But, beef juice, wheel weights, etc, have their place and would be a good investment.

CX's are pretty stable, but nothing compared to a CK, they are just so much wider.

Are you thinking an offset flail or a ditch mower with hydraulic reach?

/ Kioti CX2510? #4  
I've heard good things from customers with steep driveways. But, beef juice, wheel weights, etc, have their place and would be a good investment.
^ lol at beef juice. It's definitely heavy, but might get a little rancid in the tires though...

/ Kioti CX2510? #5  
^ lol at beef juice. It's definitely heavy, but might get a little rancid in the tires though...
Hahaha, my bad. I'll leave it.

/ Kioti CX2510? #6  
I work at a dealer.

Though we haven't sold many cab CX's, we have sold many non cabs.

As far as stability, I've heard good things from customers with steep driveways. But, beef juice, wheel weights, etc, have their place and would be a good investment.

CX's are pretty stable, but nothing compared to a CK, they are just so much wider.

Are you thinking an offset flail or a ditch mower with hydraulic reach?
I don't like tractors on uneven ground. You lose concentration for just a second and lift your implement above the center of gravity and -- over you go. I know wherefore I speak on that one. Had just a second to drop it before it took me over. pucker factor

Tractors have no suspension, they give you no warning. If you're going strictly up and down, no sideways shenanigans, you can do it if you're careful.

Sideways? Nope. Not for me. And nobody will ever accuse me of being a member of the Safety Police. Not ever

But that's me. There are certainly more riskier risk-takers out there than I. But I did used to jump out of airplanes. On purpose.
there's that

The thought of 3,000lbs of iron laying on top of me isn't something I relish. I could probably bench 500lbs off of me in an absolute emergency, but 3,000lbs? You're dead meat

/ Kioti CX2510? #7  
I've the ck2510 cab - previous model but pretty much the same. Loaded rears - I didn't opt for the beef version lol - anyway jokes aside I've no issues with it working on slopes, I've cut a steep slope on one of my hills that's at least a 20% grade, handles that no problem.
I used to clear a neighbour's crazy steep driveway of snow with a rear blade in the winter that's both long and at a bare minimum 20% (or steeper) all the way up. That was with a CK20s but again that's still basically the same machine as what you're looking at.
It all comes down to weight, and actually tractors in the CX2510 class I think the Kioti is likely the heaviest brand out there. The more weight the more the tractor can do. Having said that my neighbour has the next size up -Ck2610 - and the difference in size/weight is significant. seen by itself it doesn't look that big, till it's parked next to mine! lol. To quantify the difference - he doesn't need to put chains on his rear's in the winter to blow snow and he's got a steeper driveway then me, and I do need to put chains on.
(Note I had the choice to move up a size when I replaced my CK20 with the CK2510 but didn't because I feel it's the perfect size for my 10 acres/uses.)

Last comment - as stated above tractors tip. basic physics. If you've a lot of experience with tractors then enough said. If you've little or no experience regardless what size tractor you go with use caution and take your time. in particular work up/down a hill not across it. I won't get into all the do's and don't's! That's been covered extremely well on this site, you'd be very well advised to look that information up if you've no experience with tractors.

E

/ Kioti CX2510? #8  
I have had a CX2510 for almost 2 years. It is a great machine. I do find it a little tippy when I am using my forks with moderate weight. It also seems a little lite in the ass, even with fluid filled tires, so I have to hook up a counter weight if I am lifting a lot of weight. I also really wish it had a 3 speed tranny.

I use a 3ph Woodmaxx backhoe with it and it needs no counter weight in the front at all. I think they are very nose heavy.

Full disclosure, if I could get the right money for mine I would probably step up to a CK, or another brand of that size.

/ Kioti CX2510? #10  
CK is ALWAYS a better option.
I had my choice. The CK2610H was pennies more so it wasn't about money. In fact, the CK may have actually been less. Don't remember for sure.

The CX is a more modern machine. Has more goodies. It is the size I wanted. It's big enough without being too big, it's small enough without being too small and I prefer two ranges instead of three. I've never run out of power. I run out of traction way before that.

If you're a real farmer, if you really and honestly work you tractor in the field, then the CK is a better choice. But I don't know what you'd be doing with a tractor that small....

The CX is what it is -- A very good maintenance tractor for around the house that can double as an actual mule from time to time.