Dealer Kioti dealer question on tractor iventory?

/ Kioti dealer question on tractor iventory? #1  

Agentiron

Silver Member
I spoke to a small dealer and he informed me that Kioti now has a policy that all dealers must stock on their lot at least 6 Kioti tractors. Is this a fact? The only delars in my area are very small, and I do not think will sustain that inventory. The fella I spoke to said he would not be able to justify 6 tractors. He also claimed had some parts availability issues with Kioti. Is this truth, or fiction?

Thanks again for answering my million questions.

/ Kioti dealer question on tractor iventory? #2  
Parts availability is always a problem with every tractor brand.
As far as stocking product it is in the best interest that a dealer has stock if he wants to sell and be competive.
Kioti is growing real fast and they are trying to weave out the "weekend" tractor dealers.

I am not sure of the amount of required stocking tractor, I never ordered the mininum amount before.

/ Kioti dealer question on tractor iventory? #3  
It is not a matter of stocking as much as it is buying a qualifying amount on a pre season buy to get the biggest discount. dealers who did not buy 6 units at the start of the selling year (oct thru Sept) will pay more for their tractors all year. This will force some of the marginal dealers, and those holding onto the line to avoid competing with it, to build volume or get out. Our Kioti sales have doubled each of our first two years and we are moving to a freeway frontage location in March so I hope the minimum buy will not be an issue for us. It is sure hard to get excited about ordering tractors in October and November....
I can't comment too much on athe parts, there have been only a couple non critical items we have had backordered. the good news is we don't need many parts. I estimate over 80% of our parts purchases are filters last year.

/ Kioti dealer question on tractor iventory?
Great explanation as usual, thank you.

I can understand the benifits of rewarding the larger dealers, and the benifit of making the dealers Kioti has more commited to selling their line. I however see a potential problem with this plan. Like in my situation one dealer says he will not comply and will have to sell another brand. I know two others who are very small and are already significantly more expensive then some of you fellas out of state. I could see this finishing off the only local dealers in my state, or at least making them so much more expensive that they will sell very few tractors. Sure it is tough luck for them, but it is tough luck for guys like me who are interested in Kioti. The dealer network in my region is poor at best. I could see how this could backfire on the company. Well again thank you for your help.

/ Kioti dealer question on tractor iventory? #5  
I understand your point of view, but does Kioti really want dealers with 3 or 4 tractors on their lot? I know that if I were shopping for a tractor and went to a dealer with less than 5 new tractors on the lot I wouldn't give them a second look if for no other reason than being worried about if they would be there next time I came by. Of course large dealerships go out of business too, but I would feel a lot more comfortable buying from an "established" dealer.

That being said, how could any Kioti dealer carry 4 or 5 tractors?!?! Lets see, if I only carried six Kioti's and started from the beginning I would have one LB1914, one CK20, one CK20HST, one CK25, one CK25HST, one CK30...and thats it!!!!

Obviously a dealer might not carry one of every single model, I don't even do that. but I do have one of each machine. I don't carry a CK20 gear, don't have a DK55 cab on the lot either...but I think thats about it!! What I am saying is that Kioti's line is so broad and diverse you would have to have at least 10 tractors on the lot to be able to represent their line effectivly. I am ranting now...but hopefully you get the point.

/ Kioti dealer question on tractor iventory?
I absolutely hear what you are saying Gamble, and would love it if you, Depratt, Walace, Bluechip,Batch, or a number of you great Kioti dealers were down the road from me. One of the things I find most inspiring about Kioti is the presence of quality dealers on this website. Like I said, I would actually like to see and drive a Lk3054 in any configuration but can not find one in my state. I know of a place that is 400 miles from me that has them, but that is the closest spot.

In my lawn and landscape business I like a big dealer as I figure he will do a good job because he has been successful. I like to think he will have parts on hand and mechanics familiar with my machine.

In a perfect world it world it would be best if you moved your dealership to my home town! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Well at least if there was a good size local dealer.

There is no local dealer of size here. There are no machines resembling the one I am most interested in in my state, or surrounding area. The small dealers around me will not likely have parts I need on hand, and may not even by Kioti dealers in the near future. I am pretty well resolved that if I want I Kioti I will have to buy out of state, sight unseen, and hope I can fix whatever problems the unit may have. Not the best prospect for me.

The dealers around hear who carry Kioti are not tractor dealers...none of them. I mean they sell tractors, a few...but they carry full lines of other outdoor power equipment. They sell lots and lots of mowers, and carry tractors as a supplement to their business. This is how it is throughout my state anyway. I am not sure if this is because Kioti is a new tractor by tractor standards or what. I can find Case dealer, New Holland, Kubota, Deere, who only deal in that manufacturers product line. I don't know why more dealers around don't sell multiple lines of other makes of tractors, but it is not that way in my region, to my knowledge.

Anyway I agree with having a big dealer, but also can see that at this rate there may not be any dealers at all in my area. These facts are making me very hesitant to pull the trigger on a tractor.

/ Kioti dealer question on tractor iventory? #7  
I must agree with the other dealers about the amount of tractors to have in stock.
Like Wallace stated we don't order the minimum either.(typically a tractor-trailer load at a time)

As far as parts availability, sure Kioti had their issues a year ago, but that was a year ago. They got it figured out. (as Bluechip said luckily there isn't a great need for parts)

And like Gamble77, we typically have at least one of each model on the lot (not the 65, not much call for them here)
It makes sense to have a variety of models in the yard for customers to test drive.

/ Kioti dealer question on tractor iventory? #8  
My local Kioti dealer has three kioti tractors in his showroom, won't sell an HST model, is priced out of this world and won't let prospective buyers take the tractor for a spin around the lot. In my book he is a Kioti dealer in name only (He sells four other brands as well). I would love to see Kioti have some type of minimum...something...then maybe they would weed this guy out and recruit a new dealer that is actually worth something.

/ Kioti dealer question on tractor iventory? #9  
Now that's pretty strange. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Kioti dealer question on tractor iventory? #10  
No that is not strange.
He is afraid of the Kioti product that is why he tied it up in his area.
When I say afraid I mean that having a Kioti dealer 3 doors down from his shop would put a hurten on his other tractor brands that he sells, That is more than likely why he took on the Kioti line.

I do not know who the dealer is but that is my guess!