Kioti dealer threw a curveball

/ Kioti dealer threw a curveball #21  
Some people would stay awake wishing they had a few more hp others would wish their tractor was prettier. I'd stay awake wishing mine would run better so, the question I might ask is which model is more dependable.

/ Kioti dealer threw a curveball #22  
The price difference is too much for a tractor that is a left over.

/ Kioti dealer threw a curveball #23  
The price difference is too much for a tractor that is a left over.

That was my point too.

One thing to consider in the deal is that it is cheaper for the dealer to throw in product than cash. In other words, if they give you a $1000 worth of goods, it may only have cost them $600. So, look around their yard and see if they have any leftover or used attachments that would sweeten the deal. Otherwise, you are going to need filters and fluids going forward, so a set of filters and a few buckets of oil wouldn't be a bad way to go either.

/ Kioti dealer threw a curveball #24  
Long term I would rather have the 40 hp. tractor. They all get dirty when you use them and how much time would it take you to clean up this 40 hp.? Much easier for you to do a little detail work on the 40 hp. tractor than to try to make the 35 hp. tractor a 40 hp. tractor.

Prices for the two, I have no idea what the Kioti tractors go for.

/ Kioti dealer threw a curveball #25  
When I bought my NX4510 the local dealer didn't have one in stock so I drove to another dealer 1.5 hrs away. Negotiated a price and then told them I had a dealer close to me. They said I should just buy from them (which I planned to do but I wanted to see the tractor and get a warm fuzzy about price). They said they hopped that if the tables were turned my local dealer would also refer customers back to them. Anyway, by the time I got home that dealer had already called my local dealer and offered the tractor I looked at for a discount to move their inventory. My local dealer called me and was up front about the deal. He said he would even pass the savings on to me. I asked what he would do and he said, if it was me I would get new vs one that has just been setting (this had been sitting for over a year). The savings wasn't huge so a little deliberation and I called and said order me the new one.
Never looked back...bottom line is no one knows if a tractor sitting will cause problems down the road but one with faded paint seems like it has been there quite some time..good luck whatever you decide.

/ Kioti dealer threw a curveball
Good points all! I started out looking at the ck2610 but the limited FEL capability pushed me to the ck3510. The NOS ck4010 isn't bad, no idea how they dented the ROP enough to knock the paint off or why they didn't touch it up before it rusted. Otherwise you can just tell it's been sitting. The dealer says it's been there under a year.

I would absolutely take the 40 but not for $900 off over new. I'll go work on him a little more this week.

/ Kioti dealer threw a curveball #27  
I am looking at Kioti NX too but not sure how much HP to get, they have four identical machines with difference of 5 hp between each two:

NX4510, NX5010, NX5510, NX6010

I want to buy one of these but plan on selling in five years. Which one is best overall: current price, future sale price in 5 years.

I will use box blade and front blade (72"). But future buyer may need more attachments.

Is it better to buy more HP now, even if I don't need it? most of work will be loader, backhoe, box glad, and front blade.

It is my first tractor, so would love to hear as much advice as possible.

Thank you very much.

/ Kioti dealer threw a curveball #28  
I am looking at Kioti NX too but not sure how much HP to get, they have four identical machines with difference of 5 hp between each two:

NX4510, NX5010, NX5510, NX6010

I want to buy one of these but plan on selling in five years. Which one is best overall: current price, future sale price in 5 years.

I will use box blade and front blade (72"). But future buyer may need more attachments.

Is it better to buy more HP now, even if I don't need it? most of work will be loader, backhoe, box glad, and front blade.

It is my first tractor, so would love to hear as much advice as possible.

Thank you very much.

If you are planning on selling in five years, sounds like you need to be looking in the used tractor market instead of taking a big hit on the depreciation in 5 years. Buying used you may be able to get your money back on the used tractor.

/ Kioti dealer threw a curveball #29  
but the are two issues with buying used:
- currently, it appears that used machines are asking within 2,000 off new price.
- you would buying used equipment and that may mean some repairs, depending on the owner took care of it

/ Kioti dealer threw a curveball #30  
Here's my take. How will you be storing the tractor? I don't care that much about looks but I do care about longevity. A tractor in the sun is not going to last as long as one inside a barn or garage. Tires and hydraulic hoses will dry rot, the seat will crack, and the paint will fade/ metal rust. IMO one year of being in the sun shouldn't be enough for the paint to start fading. If you don't care then I would just try to get the best price possible on the 40hp tractor. If you are going to store it inside then I would skip it. The damage has started.

My Kubota is 7 years old now and the tires look like new. Not even the slightest hint of a crack anywhere. I have other equipment that's too big to fit into a shed and the tires look like junk. That year plus in the sun has already started to take it's toll on it's tires. Saving a grand now but having to replace them years sooner would eat up most of the savings (if not all). Owning a tractor really comes down to how well you maintain it. A few simple things can save you big money down the road.