kioti dk40se hst

/ kioti dk40se hst #1  

steve critt

Tractor
kioti dk40se hst
My hydraulic oil builds pressure and comes out dip stick. I take off hydraulic filler cap and it does not build pressure, Where does the hydraulic system vent?

/ kioti dk40se hst #2  
The filler rubber cap has an upside down U bend with a small hole in it, I assume that's the vent.

vent.jpg

/ kioti dk40se hst
mine does not have hole in it. but that is the filler cap i'm talking about. i have 1200 hours on tractor and never had hole in cap and it never came out dip stick before

/ kioti dk40se hst #4  
mine does not have hole in it.
Take it off turn it over and look at the end of the red rubber part. there should be a little hole on the underside so rain can't get in. I've never looked at mine but I imagine the hole is more of a closed slit that will let air pressure escape but block water from sneaking in. If it is a slit then it won't be obvious unless you give it a little squeeze while rolling it between your fingers. If there isn't, you might ask your dealer about that. I am guessing he'll tell you to poke a little hole in it with an exacto knife.

/ kioti dk40se hst
your exactly right. the slit is in the hooked handle of that plug. thanks for fixing my problem. We never quit learning.

/ kioti dk40se hst #6  
your exactly right. the slit is in the hooked handle of that plug. thanks for fixing my problem. We never quit learning.
So was yours plugged? I can't say I've ever really looked at mine. Next time I run my tractor I'll put a hand over the fill hole and see if there's any pressure building? I can't really think why there would be? I assume it should be a mostly sealed system?